Is that a funhouse mirror? LOL

jfarrar

#33 Post by jfarrar »

Originally posted by r.porter
Here is another angle of them.

do those work with reangled injectors?

Happyboy

#34 Post by Happyboy »

Wasn't a dale!! And Cdembek, you got lucky with your dropped valve. Your head is salvagable.

Check out his little puppy. Cruising WOT at 9k rpm....

Happyboy

#35 Post by Happyboy »

And its hard to tell but the spark plug hole has been pounded shut. lol, he wondered why he couldn't get the plug out.

cdalerider75

#36 Post by cdalerider75 »

That looks like my first blown head!!!

I love it I got mentioned in the "The Halls Of Destruction" post!!

Nice!!! :head:

wistech

#37 Post by wistech »

Originally posted by RACER101
This is such a stupid thread. Lets show he world why NOT to buy a ATK or C-Dale:confused:

Apparently you are not reading the thread closely .Half the quads in here are not even Cannondales. I wear my 25 years worth of engine /quad/body destruction like a badge of honor. This thread isnt about Cannondale failures its about that quest for the fastest ,quickest machines of any type and make and showing what us power hungry geargrinders will go through get what we want from them.
Ive spent the last 2 years totally devoted to finishing development on what Cannondale had started. I believe the good should be shown with the bad. Ive got almost 10,000 miles between both my dales and in that time ive had one rod bearing fail,one valve drop,one worn cam lobe,one main bearing fail,one swingarm pivot bolt break,lower shock bolt break,stripped rear hubs,countless headlights blown. Its not really any worse than any Honda Ive ever owned in the same amount of time and mods.
Ya know in the end its all turned out to be a good thing because it motivated myself and others to spend thousands of dollars out our pockets to help the R&D group develop and test all these wonderfull updates and fixes for virtually every problem that cropped up. My quad now has headlights that dont burn out every ride, a crank that will outlast the tires, flywheel that doesnt spin,studded swingarms bolts , decompression mechanisms that dont smack the head,valve covers that dont rot,shock bolts that dont snap,ect. These improvements came about because of open dialog between everyone in an open forum for all to see and discuss. I dont know whats up with all these posts with people concerned about Cannondales "image" . Id rather build a better quad and show them on the track and trail how far we've come in the last few years than deny,ignore and hide issues.

cannondale27

#38 Post by cannondale27 »

I think Wistechs post was meant to convey the message the we are not alone.XXXX happens to everyone no matter what kind of mechanical beast you are riding.If it happens to you it is comforting in a sick way to know others have had it worse:D

aroracer72

#39 Post by aroracer72 »

Actually Dirt.......for how many hard riders we have on this site....and for how many quads we all have toegther......theres a not a whole lot of destruction pics. I cant tell you how many wrecked pics ive seen of all the other brands of quads. Raptors with melted pistons...broken trannies.....yfz's and their cranks ....450r's and their cranks. And all of the pics on this very post arnt all of dales!!....so this psot isnt bad in any way....i think its kind of a good thing.
BTW.....my dale with teh winky crank is still running strong**knocks on wood**.takin her to the dunes this weekend and i'll see if she pasts my final test.
CHAD

wistech

#40 Post by wistech »

Yet another Honda goes down .I hope they figure out what the problem is . Maybe the cannondale R&D team should step up to help out. Anyone up for a trip to Japan?