The Halls Of Destruction

CannondaleRider

#41 Post by CannondaleRider »

Just in case RACER101 or mxer450 didn't notice........he said HONDA..........yes

HONDA

H
O
N
D
A

HONDA

H
O
N
D
A

HONDA

Cdale_racer_669

#42 Post by Cdale_racer_669 »

so let me get this straight? he said thats a cannondale, or a honda??:eek:

i would post some destruction pics, but i dont have any nasty pics luckily, mine just destroyed a cppl small things that dont show any carnage.

wistech

For those who do 2nd and third gear starts

#43 Post by wistech »

Make sure you rotate you frictions regularly

wistech

Run waterless coolant or else

#44 Post by wistech »

You will get slimed

wistech

Double check your tranny filter is in right every time

#45 Post by wistech »

Or the tranny will eat it for lunch . Although it seems it doesnt hurt the gears any but you still have to pull the motor to get the shredded filter out.

quadprorider

Re: For those who do 2nd and third gear starts

#46 Post by quadprorider »

Originally posted by wistech
Make sure you rotate you frictions regularly

I do 2nd gear starts so how often should I rotate them? To rotate them all you have to do is take the side cover off, pull out those 6mm bolts, rotate the disks, put it back together, and that's it?

61austin

#47 Post by 61austin »

From what I can tell it isn't a second gear start problem. Mine blew apart and I always pull first gear starts, even drag racing. When I bought a new clutch they gave me an updated version with fewer but thicker fibers and steels, it only ran about 10 hours before the crank gave up so I am not sure how much better it is.

wistech

#48 Post by wistech »

If you remove your oil fill plug for the tranny filler you can easily see the plates for inspection. When you see the end plate start to bend the ears its time for a rotation. The procedure you describe is right on.

Very hard starts amplify the problem . Ive never had a plate ever bend on any of my engines but then again I dont race and never dont dragrace. I only use the clutch for starting and stopping also.

CannondaleRider

#49 Post by CannondaleRider »

why would the clutch giving out have anything to do with a crank failure. The engine and tranny fluid is seperate

61austin

#50 Post by 61austin »

Originally posted by CannondaleRider
why would the clutch giving out have anything to do with a crank failure. The engine and tranny fluid is seperate

I didn't say that the clutch going out had anything to do with the crank failure. It was just my bad luck that my quad blew up right after I replaced the clutch.