The Halls Of Destruction

wistech

#371 Post by wistech »

You guys are correct . He did take the carb and intake boot off but since the critters camped out on the inside of the air filter he did not see it when opening up the airbox. So when it was fired up the engine turned into a pulverizing toaster oven. Brian said the grain was as hard as cement and was packed down into the rings soo tight the rings were siezed to the piston. The customer was unapologetic but did pay to have the engine rebuilt again. This is one of those stuff happens things.

wistech

#372 Post by wistech »

Holy bent rod batman. Im guessing this was a brand new crank with less than few hours on it. I dont have the head but it looks like the scavange pump had some black burned bucket material in it. So it dropped a valve for sure. The guy who took the case apart must have only had a crow bar and a hammer because that was destroyed as well. Such a waste. The stock bearing doesnt even have the coating worn off it. At least the crank can be saved. Another call to Carrillo.

werty

#373 Post by werty »

Sand mountain in the end of April was running up the face just to the right of the drag strip. The sand is the most vertical and one awesome climb. Well made it to the top was supper stoked and as I'm turning and letting off the gas the motor seized. The result is a bad piston, sleeve, valves and 4 months of not riding.

wistech

#374 Post by wistech »

Heres a cool cam failure on a powerstroke. The roller on the lifter was still intact but it managed to wear a the lobe off in a neat way.

wistech

#375 Post by wistech »

Then this lifter had the needles grind up and fall out while the cam sawed it nearly in half yet the lobe is really not that destroyed.

werty

#376 Post by werty »

Heidi couldn't figure out why the chain fell off.

kdeal

#377 Post by kdeal »

Are you breaking stuff again? laugh.gif

wistech

#378 Post by wistech »

I started tearing into a few recently aquired engines anfound a couple things Ive never seen before. This is a falicon stroker with a asso piston kit. It shed all of its nikasil and dumped all the carbide pieces into the frame and oil filter. Its hard to believe but it was still running with the piston and sleeve in this condition. Even weirder is the scavange pump still spins fine and the cams and one way and all main bearings are not trashed. Just amazing. I pulled the crank apart and its not trashed either. Those Dale filters rock .

wistech

#379 Post by wistech »

Not a destruction but here is another thing I have never seen before in over a handfull of engines with these. Someone actually installed a stage 8 kit correctly. Of course its still going in the trash but cool none the less.

Happyboy

#380 Post by Happyboy »

nice, i actually installed a number of the stage 8 kits.