#341 Post by ry415 »

F@#*K
what the heck coulda caused this

marshall100

#342 Post by marshall100 »

Crikey.

haulinit

#343 Post by haulinit »

You cant see it in this picture but pretty sure the rod also went thru the back of the cylinder liner also!. I will try and go get a pic of that.

haulinit

#344 Post by haulinit »

In this picture you can see the top about 13mm of connecting rod hanging (freely) from the wrist pin.

The rod then continued thru the back side of the cylinder and had a nice chat with the transmission side of things.

You can see the rod sticking out the back of the cylinder in the tranny area.

I'm still trying to decide if the rod broke or the piston was seizing and broke the rod. I haven't been able to remove the piston to have a look at it.

yamadjs08

#345 Post by yamadjs08 »

Oh wow, that is pretty bad! What do you plan on doing? Getting another motor?

haulinit

#346 Post by haulinit »

Working on another motor slowly dry.gif . I have another case and two cranks that need updating, hopefully one of those two is useable to be updated. Most likely going back to a 432 stock piston set up and planning on a ported head.

wistech

#347 Post by wistech »

Here is my latest destruction . While shooting the rapids on the the wisconsin river my jetski found a sharp rock . I have it on video .LOL It took a full day to repair this gash. I made it back to the dock just as the engine sputtered to a halt.

wistech

#348 Post by wistech »

About a month ago some idiot thought he could shoot his gmc canyon across the road in front of me. He almost made it. His truck was totalled but my grand ams crash barrier absorbed the hit and just bent the frame down an inch on the right side.

wistech

#349 Post by wistech »

No wories though as I got a big check from the dudes insurance company to fix it up. I did all work myself . I just got finished shooting the clearcoat on this morning. The hot rod hood was only a hundred more than an oem one so what the heck.

By the way if anyone wants a hood just like this one except for a pontiac sunfire I have a brand new one in the box. The shipping dept put the wrong hood in the box . It costs more to ship it back so they said keep it. wink.gif

kdeal

#350 Post by kdeal »

Cool. Nice job, John!