The Halls Of Destruction

cannondale27

#351 Post by cannondale27 »

That does look better than before!

wistech

#352 Post by wistech »

I tell you after doing a 2 stage paint job on this car I now have found something just as miserable and unforgiving as porting cyllinder heads. I dont even want to know how many hours I have in sanding clearcoat and buffing /polshing. Although the rewards are a sweet shiny finish the time it takes to get it is unbelievable. I took all the steps I could to reduce dust in the shop like wetting the floor and using wax cloth but you pretty much need a sterile room to shoot clear without a dust problem.

speedfreek

#353 Post by speedfreek »

Professionals use a paint booth with downdraft ventilation to pull out as much dust as possible and still have to do what you did, just not as much I would guess. You do good work John, but I'm not surprised.

wistech

#354 Post by wistech »

Thanks . Ive sprayed maybe 50 vehicles in my time but most did not require pro quality so I single staged all but 3 . This is the wifes car so thought she deserved something goods as new.

jesshamner

#355 Post by jesshamner »

So do you still have silver door jambs, engine bay and trunk?

wistech

#356 Post by wistech »

I painted the door jams but not the trunk. The hood I painted black inside.

wistech

#357 Post by wistech »

I dont know what engine but Id say this guy got lucky . The rod didnt break and make the trip areound the case .

yamadjs08

#358 Post by yamadjs08 »

I totally forgot about these pics. Messed up the swingarm pretty bad, but I bet its still usable HA. This happened last year at a race, a couple of the sprocket bolts had worked loose some how... DNF!

wistech

#359 Post by wistech »

I use a combo of loctite and nylock bolts to make sure those pesky bolts dont come loose.

wistech

#360 Post by wistech »

I was building some fuel systems and pulled this out of a tank that I got off ebay. Im guessing the fuel was in there for years if not a decade. ohmy.gif Its sticky like flypaper glue. If you have not replaced your inner fuel tank hoses Id recomend checking them. This stuff shattered when bent.