tools/spare parts at track

atkguy

tools/spare parts at track

#1 Post by atkguy »

what are the tools that are nessary to be in your tool kit at the track for atk/cannondale machines only,and spare parts at the track that you take along with you

jacobw

#2 Post by jacobw »

allen wrenches for taking the plastic off, 10mm ratcheting for box end wrench, 3/8" rachet, 3/8" extensions, spark plug socket. Any other tools you use on a regular basis for your dale.

speed2424

#3 Post by speed2424 »

Originally posted by jacobw
Any other tools you use on a regular basis for your dale.

That sure narrows it down, Jacob :confused:

cdalemx301

#4 Post by cdalemx301 »

I pretty much bring sockets from6mm up to 19mm as well as wrenches in the same size. Exentensions for the sockets. Allen Wrenches. Small enough for the plastic and large enough for the Handle Bars. A socket for the spark plug. Umm utility knife electrical tape. Zip Ties. Scissors. Loc-Tite. Screw drivers. Flat and Phillips head both Large and small. Vise Grips. Torque Wrench. Then I also Bring with me in a seperate box Chain Lube, coolant, WD 40, Rags, Plastic Polish, Tar and Bug Remover. There might be some more but i cant think of them right now.

Cdale_racer_669

#5 Post by Cdale_racer_669 »

might as well load the whole garage up:) i usually just have a box with oil,coolant,air filter, and a toolbox with sockets,wrenches,pliers and stuff, allen wrenches

NRath

#6 Post by NRath »

Cdalemx301 has listed pretty much the same things I haul with me. A can of brake cleaner and some coolant, too.

I say it's better to be prepared than to not have what you need.

cdalemx301

#7 Post by cdalemx301 »

I have pretty much found a way to use everything I bring with me to. Either me or someone I'm with needed it. I got a small 4 drawer craftsman toolbox I Have the space to fit rather be safe then be out for the day cuz you can't find a tool.

Craig_C

#8 Post by Craig_C »

One of the $200 Craftsman socket sets will be good, with a few extras thrown in, they will have pretty much any socket you need, but you may need to throw in a wrench or two, depending on what set you get. You also can never go wrong with Vice-Grips!