axle opinion

cdaleracer52

axle opinion

#1 Post by cdaleracer52 »

in you own opinion, who do you think makes the best axles? i just bought a dominator today to replace my excalibur.

cdalemx301

#2 Post by cdalemx301 »

I personally wouldnt run a Durablue from the stories i have heard and there warrenty. The Durablue is made out of a more rigid metal then the LSR so it tends to break rather then bend. I for one would rather have an axle bend then to lose a tire on landing. Also Durablues warrenty is decieving they will straighten an axle for ever but will only replace 1 if it breaks or bends beyond repaair after that your on your own. Lonestar on the other hand will replace no matter how many axles you break basically you buy it once and they replace it forever. Thats my personal opinion on it. I have never ran a durablue and I only have a few hours on my lonestar so this is what I have learned from others over time

Derno24

#3 Post by Derno24 »

Hmm he was asking between a LSR and a RPM axle not a durablue. Heck a stock Moto axle is darn good too!

cdalemx301

#4 Post by cdalemx301 »

OOPS lol i dont know anything about RPM i was thinking the dominater was the durablue lol my bad sorry guys

cdaleracer52

#5 Post by cdaleracer52 »

is the stock moto axle made out of 4130? and just to let you know i had more problems with bendin my axle i never broke it, i sent it back to LSR atleast 5 times to be straightened.

Brad Oakley

#6 Post by Brad Oakley »

The stock MOTO axle is made of a 300 M series steel. A much higher grade of steel than 4130.

I had a mechanical engineer that worked on the Cannondale project tell me that the only axle that came close to the original is made by RPM.

I have held both the original moto axle, and the offerings from DuraBlue (in their unfinished forms) side-by-side. The DuraBlue looks like a malnourished child next to the Cannondale!

I did this at the factory that builds both axles. I like the Moto axle so much that it will be standard equipment when the Blackwidow quad gets built!

jacobw

#7 Post by jacobw »

excellent just goes to show you cannondale built stuff to last:clap: :clap: :head:

theJeStEr1340

#8 Post by theJeStEr1340 »

I will be going with the moto axle... in a month-2. I am excited... I will have a job and $$$!

LapTraffic

#9 Post by LapTraffic »

I am running the Moto Axel that Brad is carrying. It is extremely well put together and the price is better than 'competetive' Give him a call if you're looking.

cdaleracer52

#10 Post by cdaleracer52 »

sounds like the moto axle is the way to go, ohh well i think the dominator looks better:p plus its already paid for.