who builds the best MOTOR

lilchampro1

who builds the best MOTOR

#1 Post by lilchampro1 »

i am goin to need a rebuild so whose the best to get todo it ,ya there is alot of talk out there about motors and who builts the best and best deals,and ur experice with them , so lets hear it guys?

GDITheman

#2 Post by GDITheman »

i hope Haydug is because he rebuilding my engine now. I can tell you he had my engine torn apart the day after it was delivered. He did so because he was going on vacation and wanted to get everything lined up so it'd be ready to put back together when he got back. He did this with 2 other engines before he left. He seems to be pretty serious about his business.

he is doing a 468 kit on mine. i expect good things.

theJeStEr1340

#3 Post by theJeStEr1340 »

haydug and timbomoose, and happyboy seem to do well built motors. I am not too sure about ATK

jacobw

#4 Post by jacobw »

Originally posted by parks9
HAPPYBOY!!

I knew that this was going to come up sometime or another lol:p

Derno24

#5 Post by Derno24 »

Originally posted by parks9
HAPPYBOY!!

Why have you ever had a motor built by him? If not then shut up. Now Bombsquad could say that.tongue.gif

I would say Haydug if I was sending my motor out.

daled&confused

#6 Post by daled&confused »

Originally posted by Derno24
Why have you ever had a motor built by him?  If not then shut up.  Now Bombsquad could say that.tongue.gif

I would say Haydug if I was sending my motor out.

Who are you? The censorship police? Since when can't someone make a suggestion without being told to shut up? Have you had a motor built by doug? If not then you should shut up!

I have talked to Doug and he is a great guy and I would easily recomend him to people for engine work. Why? Because he is extremly knowledgable about these motors. He knows what needs to be looked at and what doesn't. But since I haven't had a motor built by him I guess I should shut up? What about Timbo?

As far as I can tell most of the people on this site do good work or they wouldn't be riding cannondale's. Now, if there is a complaint about a builder then put that out there. Just like it has been done with Winky, SBM, etc...even complaints such as someone is slow have been made about Maz but nothing against his work.

Is this out of line?

Now, for my recomendation......

Doug is a great guy and runs a great shop which all of us Cannondale riders use all the time. I highly recomend him for any of your parts and engine needs. But, if you can work on it yourself even better. And Doug will have every part you could need.

dawzie

#7 Post by dawzie »

Timbomoose did our Dale motor to a 450 stroker. Seems to run strong but only ran it on frozen ground.

Haydoug did our YFZ to a 488 stroker. Waiting on a starter for that one.

Going to Rausch Creek Sunday to give 'em a break in smile.gif

Jaybr

#8 Post by Jaybr »

Me!

But I only work on my own stuff:confused:

Actually Haydug rebuilt mine after the 12 hour and did a fine job.

Derno24

#9 Post by Derno24 »

Originally posted by daled&confused
Who are you?  The censorship police?  Since when can't someone make a suggestion without being told to shut up?  Have you had a motor built by doug?  If not then you should shut up!  

I have talked to Doug and he is a great guy and I would easily recomend him to people for engine work.  Why?  Because he is extremly knowledgable about these motors.  He knows what needs to be looked at and what doesn't.  But since I haven't had a motor built by him I guess I should shut up?  What about Timbo?

As far as I can tell most of the people on this site do good work or they wouldn't be riding cannondale's.  Now, if there is a complaint about a builder then put that out there.  Just like it has been done with Winky, SBM, etc...even complaints such as someone is slow have been made about Maz but nothing against his work.

Is this out of line?

Now, for my recomendation......

Doug is a great guy and runs a great shop which all of us Cannondale riders use all the time.  I highly recomend him for any of your parts and engine needs.  But, if you can work on it yourself even better.  And Doug will have every part you could need.

First Welcome to the site! Next kinda convenient your first post is in a thread defending Parks9. Parks9 doesn't even own a Cannondale so why should he be handing out any advice as to where to get a motor done. You want to start something go right ahead. I have been here a long time and will be for longer.:w:

parks9

#10 Post by parks9 »

Originally posted by Derno24
First Welcome to the site!  Next kinda convenient your first post is in a thread defending Parks9.  Parks9  doesn't even own a Cannondale so why should he be handing out any advice as to where to get a motor done.  You want to start something go right ahead.  I have been here a long time and will be for longer.:w:

are you saying haydug or timbo couldnt rebuild my yfz bottom end, top end or both????