Project :: KTM-Dale DONE !!!!

SlOoT

#21 Post by SlOoT »

EDIT: much more info and pictures on previous page. Had to post 2 post coz of amount of pictures.

We have also build 2 more conversions. The red/yellow one is my dad's. It is a replica of my KTM 625 conversion. Only that one has a stock header (soon tuning header) and a stage1 camshaft.
The middle one is my brother's. 250 KTM 4-stroke engine. I made a topic about that one not so long ago I think.

cdalerider75

#22 Post by cdalerider75 »

How does the quad respond with the KTM motors compared to the stock motor?

SlOoT

#23 Post by SlOoT »

The one with the 250 engine handles very good, realy noticeable that it is lighter and lower when you ride it.

The ones with the 625 engine are heavier, and you can notice that when riding it. The engines are also smoother and easier to control, despite the fact that they have more power then a Cannondale engine.

When I get my Cannibal at 50" and with some good shocks I can make a more fair comparison on the handling.

The major difference between the KTM engine and the Cannondale engine is that the KTM pulls hard from about 2500-3000 RPM. It does not matter if you take a corner in 3rd or 4th gear. And it keeps pulling untill 8500 RPM (rev limit).

67z400

#24 Post by 67z400 »

Awesome!

SlOoT

#25 Post by SlOoT »

A little update.

The KTM still runs strong. Previous winter I took the engine apart for head tuning/porting. All internal parts were still within spec (piston, crank, etc.)

The engine now has about 600 hours on it (got an trailtech vapor on it) and still has the first piston, valves, crank.
Only thing I replaced about 2 years ago were the clutch plates.

At the moment I am converting it back again for the MX track.

SlOoT

#26 Post by SlOoT »

Got the quad ready for this year. Painted some parts and got 4 new tires.
The fronts are scooter tires, have not tested yet how they handle.