Project :: KTM-Dale DONE !!!!

SlOoT

#11 Post by SlOoT »

Originally posted by cdalerider75
How did you seal the gas tank? What did you use, more pics please!!

We had it welded. We made a plastic tube and made 2 holes in the tank. And then the tube was welded into the tank.

The new W-tec's are indeed very light. If you would put a YZ450 motor in it it would be lighter then a YFZ450.

CannondaleRider

#12 Post by CannondaleRider »

Where can I get some more info on the new W-Tecs?

cdalerider75

#13 Post by cdalerider75 »

Originally posted by SlOoT
We had it welded. We made a plastic tube and made 2 holes in the tank. And then the tube was welded into the tank.

The new W-tec's are indeed very light. If you would put a YZ450 motor in it it would be lighter then a YFZ450.

Where did you have it welded?
And that is ultra sonicly welded?
How much?
What is the black sealent that you see?

SlOoT

#14 Post by SlOoT »

The black sealing is normal kit. It was welded with heat, they just melt the 2 pieces together.

SlOoT

#15 Post by SlOoT »

Originally posted by CannondaleRider
Where can I get some more info on the new W-Tecs?

I have no idea, for as far as I know the new ones are/where prototypes. But I would love to have one of em. biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

cdalerider75

#16 Post by cdalerider75 »

Originally posted by SlOoT
The black sealing is normal kit. It was welded with heat, they just melt the 2 pieces together.

Well where did you get this kit? Can you provide more info ... photos

SlOoT

#17 Post by SlOoT »

It's just regular kit used for sealing things, nothing special. I don't know what brand.

cdalerider75

#18 Post by cdalerider75 »

What is the name of the kit??

HouserCannondale

#19 Post by HouserCannondale »

hey just a small piece of advice on the upper shock mount... I would look into some sort of brace for it. I have a cannibal fully set up.. suspension and everything and all I do is race, so it gets some pretty hard abuse and I stripped one of the bolts that holds in the brace above the spark plug. I neglected to change the bolt. so for quite some time i rode my quad with one loose bolt in the brace and sure enough, one day i noticed two small cracks where the center cross piece intersects into the frame. nothing large, just a small crack about an inch and a half long on each side of the brace. I installed and tightened a new bolt into the brace and the cracks havent gotten any bigger since then.

SlOoT

#20 Post by SlOoT »

Ok, it's almost 3 years later now. And the quad was still running good yesterday. 3rd gear powerwheelie out of the corner, need I say more ?

We did make some changes to it. It now has a 41mm Keihin FCR-MX (huge improvement), tuning header with open muffler.
We also made a brace for the rear shock mount. And made some wider a-arms for it.

The looks have also changed. All it needs now are some spacers for the rear. Front is about 49"/50" wide.

Engine is amazing. The low-end power is just crazy. And after 3 full years, still the first piston.