My baby is almost complete!!..FINALLY

aroracer72

My baby is almost complete!!..FINALLY

#1 Post by aroracer72 »

Hey guys,
My dale has been apart sitting lonely in my basement for over a year now....due to parts orders getting messed up...and limited time to work on it....and encountering problems. But finally...after a long awaited wait......i have th motor in it...all hooked up ready to go...jsut need to put in coolant and oil. Ill have pics of it tonight.....but its not finished yet....all the suspension components are stripped off...only thing it has on it is airbox...motor....steering stem....bars....and electrical. I have to take it out of my basement to assemble the rest of it.....but heres a lsit of what it will have done/accessories.

1)ASR a-arms...elka tripple rate...remote rezzie...ZPS....PC'd arms
2)Ohlins moto rear
3)RPM axle
4)sidewinder sprockets and chain.
5)hipers all around with new mxr4's 18 rear...19 front
6)Arens steering stem
7)renthal bars
8)pingel kill switch
9)trinity stage IV complete pipe...moto/speed map
10)denton steering stabilizer
11)AC nerf bars..and front bumper
12)moto plastic...and number plates.
13)n-style seat cover
14)aluminum heaim joints....and new tie rod ends....and a-arm mount heims
15)new Big Stinky crank with oil flow modded crank plate
16)cycra handguards
17)and modded stock pegs

also once i am shure the dale is running and doesnt need any motor work.....it is getting LT arms and elka quadrate remote rezzie fronts(already have them...BEAUTIFUL!!)
Ill have pics tonight
CHAD

I need a cdale

#2 Post by I need a cdale »

What are you doing with the arms and shocks you have on them now?

bestonearth

#3 Post by bestonearth »

i hope you have better luck with big winkys work than i did. Mines now at Haydugs! biggrin.gif

aroracer72

#4 Post by aroracer72 »

The ASR arms are freshly powder coated.....all new mount heims....3/4 inch heims......all fresh...and the elkas are used but in great shape. When i get my LT arms...the ASR/Elka set up will be up for sale.
CHAD

aroracer72

#5 Post by aroracer72 »

UPDATE

I did little last night......well i put all the heims on the a-arms.....the 4 big end ones...and the 8 mounting heims....all brand spankign new. smile.gif
The a-arms look really nice.......freshly PC'd black with new shiny inner heims with trick aluminum 3/4 inch outer heims...anodized elka red. Looks real cool. I was busy last night so there for i couldnt do much..but the a-arm dealio took long enough.

Now tonights agenda is Get the dale out of my basement and outside.....fill it with oil and coolant....map it.....and start it and do a couple idle sessions. Then while its cooling down and is not being started...im gonna be installing the a-arms...swingarm....tires....etc. All in all i have about two nights work ahead of me...about 2-3 hours each night.

Ive found a fix for the cracked cases that some of us dalers get soemtimes....you know when the rear swing arm pivot bolt goes through or case..and it cracks there. This is due to side to side and front to back moving of the motor. So im gonna be fabricating a top engine moutn to prevent this from ever happening again!!!....I dont know why cannondale engineers didnt add a top engine mount.......every high performance qwuad ive ever seen has one. So ive got some wrenching ahead of me...but its all joyful cause3 i know the result will (hopefully) be a running dale that ive missed for a eyar now.
Ill add pics when i get some progress done....l8er
CHAD

aroracer72

#6 Post by aroracer72 »

Well........as some might know....i started her up and she had a loud tapping noise...so pulled the motor...and my cams werent aligned up......luckily the valves werent hitting the top of the piston hard enough to cause any damage. Pulled the motor.....fixed the mistake.....put her allllll back together..and then it wouldnt start!!!...i was staying calm...figured i had a loose connection somewere. Luckily it was jsut the right fuel injector sensor plug came off...and i plugged it in and she started right up. smile.gif Did two idle sessions for about 10 minutes each. Then rode it low throttle for about 15-20 minutes. Then i let it cool down to the touch....started it up...and did a 5 minute idle session...and rode it for 10 minutes.

This was all on friday, and my practice was on sunday. The dale was barely ready to ride...still ahd to tighten up/adjsut the tie rods.......put all the plastic on......tighten up my axle.....and some otehr little stuff. I did this all at the track.....and felty kinda a little too rushed to run it...didnt feel wuite right...but i took it for a quick ride in the pits.....when i pulled away from the trailer...i jsut tapped the gas a couple times and each time it left a 3/4 inch deep marks in the grass!!...man this thing has some torque. I got on it some.....and then revved out a couple gears to probably about 10,000rpm.....seemed to be running like a champ. That made me really happy.

So i go to do my first session.....was running fine..and gotr out on the track.....the first section was a 20ft table...to a 60ft double....to a 80ft table top....which i said id do once i got used to my dale again. But i never was patient...so the first lap i jsut did them all....lol. It handled awesome..and ahd plenty enough power to do them. I have forgotten how confidence inspiring these things really are. Then a few turns later there was a little drop off...somehow my foot xcame off the peg...and i ran my leg over....but got it out somehow and went off the side f a double....and had to bail before the quad roled over me. The quad jsut landed and rolled away as i fell to the ground.

I got upo instantly cause i wasnt hurt..jsut my leg was in a little pain.....started it..and went backl to teh pits. Checked everything over...and everything was jsut right. So after that ahd no probs...sjtu spent the day enjoying my dale once again....man im glad to have it back and running!!!!!
CHAD

ill have pics when i get home