Finally lined em up!

bombsquad54

Finally lined em up!

#1 Post by bombsquad54 »

well as some of you know, i just made a purchase of a 2005 TLD predator with some light mods, i got the dale out today and lined the two up with another local pro rider, and i hate to say the dale pulls the predator till about 3rd gear, then vrrrrrrom the predator checks out, i think i need to change my gearing on my dale, at the track.

info taken yesterday:

ben's track times at private MX track;)
best lap:
Predator (stock suspension)- 1:44
Cannondale MOTO------------- 1:42

man i love the motos track power
i really think those times arent bad for a stock pred.

drag race:
till 3rd gear
winner- cannondale
after 3rd gear
winner- predator

braking. . .
cough, cough, cannondale by a long shot!
i would say that the moto is still the best MX machine out there, and i have HUGE respect for them, once i get the seat time on the pred, im sure i can ride it as fast, it will just be twice as hard!

handling. . .
CANNONDALE. nothing handles like a dale!

the wife said i could keep both quads but not her, LOL so i have to sell the dale! :mad:

oh heres a pic of me at the dunes on the pred airing it out, yea yea i know if i were on a cannondale i would be higher. HAHA

bombsquad54

#2 Post by bombsquad54 »

another

cdalepilot

#3 Post by cdalepilot »

i can't believe you are keeping a predator over a cdale !:mad:

cannibalq8

#4 Post by cannibalq8 »

When i have my old WWE450 14/42 gearing .. I beat my buddy modded predator until the rev limiter then he come slowly.

The pred have ( higher gearing ) and killer top-end ... remember its trails quad and the moto is MX quad ( shorter tires and lower gearing ).

Goodluck with ur new TLD Predator.

jesshamner

#5 Post by jesshamner »

Thats a good honest report. I like the predator a lot from the little that I have rode one. Were you running the moto map in the cdale? Why not sell that scrambler and let the wife ride the moto.:head: You can put a tame map in it and you will have a back up racer if the predator wasn't running for some reason.

pdavis

#6 Post by pdavis »

ist the TLD a modded predator? different rev limit, different suspension and different tranny gearing than a stock non-TLD pred, and i am sure the reason for going with the predator over the dale has to do alot with sponsorship and contingency. Polaris really stepped to the plate this year being very aggressive with their line on sport quads and really isnt that bad of a quad, to bad that there isnt an american made quad company that is willing to do some things like that for their loyal customer base

bombsquad54

#7 Post by bombsquad54 »

yea i know guys, but alicia's quad is only worth like 3 grand, the moto is worth more, so i have to sell it. i appreciate the nice comments, the TLD has diff. tranny, front shocks, and plastic. same rev limit. once i deck the predator it should be quite a beast! but is has crapy bottom end power right now. yes im running the moto map. racer101 its this crazy guy that my wife took pictures of.

parks9

#8 Post by parks9 »

you can get better air then that!!! lol

bombsquad54

#9 Post by bombsquad54 »

sure parks, whatever you say.

parks9

#10 Post by parks9 »

post some more pics!!!!!