Newbie question

Fryedog

#1 Post by Fryedog »

Lookin at an 02 Moto 440, dont know ANYTHING about cannondales. I have raced atvs since I was 4, but have never owned a cdale. Are they hard to get parts for? This one has the updated crank and fuel line (?), and is very slick, runs and sounds great, PEP's all around, steering stabilizer, beadlocks, great looking bike. Whats it worth and should I be afraid of it, or can you work on them and get parts like a yamaha or honda? Any immediate response would be great, if I but it, it will be tomorrow morning, so let me know something asap! Thanks. On another note, I am mechanically inclined and done all the work on my yfz 450 and 250r, just wanting to make sure that I wasnt buying a boat anchor! Thanks again!

UpsMan

#2 Post by UpsMan »

Walk away. Better yet, run! You will indeed be buying a boat anchor. The only person I would recommend a cannondale to, is someone that wants something unique to tinker with. You will spend a ton of frustrating time learning how to work on it, not enough time riding it, and you will become addicted to web sites like this one. And if you don't mind, tell me where this is, I want it!

rayspeed

#3 Post by rayspeed »

Parts are not going to be like going down to your dealer, finding out that they have to order it, waiting a couple of weeks and paying shipping a big markup and sales tax.
Most everything is available for these with a phone call and you can have it in a week. If you are more patient you can keep an eye out on e-bay or here and things pop up for nickels on the dollar. The part out percentage on these is really high.

For most of us here it is about being different and working on the quad is as much the hobby as riding.
I got into them because they are fast and have been relativly cheap over the long run... I have two and a ton of spare parts for probably less than the newest latest and greatest is these days and could probably run right with them.

Fryedog

#4 Post by Fryedog »

Thanks guys! By the way, what do you think its worth? I do also like to work and tinker on my bikes, it gets me out of in front of the tv! and I love it. This bike is nice!

wayne-1968

#5 Post by wayne-1968 »

QUOTE (Fryedog @ Feb 22 2009, 12:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thanks guys! By the way, what do you think its worth? I do also like to work and tinker on my bikes, it gets me out of in front of the tv! and I love it. This bike is nice!

I'll sell you mine.

thanks wayne

Fryedog

#6 Post by Fryedog »

what have you got, where do you live, and how much