Mapping ?s

southbaymoto

#1 Post by southbaymoto »

The following properties are spacific to your injectors / bike:

1.Throttle leakage*
2.Injector flow rate*
3.Injector offset*

These numbers will need to be recorded and stored. I usually write them with a sharpie on my ECU.

Step 1 is to receieve the file from the ECU.

Step 2 is to write down the displayed calibrations. At this point I usually close the program and reopen it. You don't have to do this but it assures that you are working with a clean slate for the upload process.

Step 3 is to open the desired map.

Step 4 to modify the calibrations to match those in step 2. Don't worry about the throttle calibrations at this point.

Step 5 send the map. You will see send is complete!

Now you will ned to set your throttle position sensor. Every throttle body is different and the values can change over time. I like to do this about every time I change my oil to assure accuracy. Incorrect values can result in incossistant idle, stalling, hard starting, and loss of power.

Step 1 back out the idle screw located on the throttle body. If possible check the butterfly to see that it is closing all the way and not being held open by the cable or any obstruction.

Step 2 from your D&m tool select to calibrate throttle position. When prompted for minimum voltage select ok.

Step 3 you will now be prompted for maximum voltage, with your hand open the throttle at the throttle body not at the bars to maximum open position and select ok.

Step 4 when prompted to send select ok.

Step 5 open your monitor and view the throttle position, with the idle screw increase it by 3.0 (i.e. if 2.3 now 5.3).

Step 5 start your bike and let it warm up to 70C and stepper position to 205.

Step 6 with the idle screw set your idle at 2200 RPM.

The above sounds like a lot but it is actually quite fast once you get the routine down. This will assure your bike is always running as it should with the exception of any mechanical malfunctions.

*These are spacific to the injectors that come with your bike. If you loose these you can only get them back by having your injectors flowed. This costs mony so be areful not to loose this data

Dustin
SBM

KYmxracer52

#2 Post by KYmxracer52 »

so when you set your throttle position sensor, does the engine need to be off while doing steps 1-5? Should this be performed pretty regularly?

southbaymoto

#3 Post by southbaymoto »

Yes to both questions, as frequent as changing your oil.

cannondale27

#4 Post by cannondale27 »

If you lose your injector values a guy by the Name of Kram and possibly Maz also have a list of every quad dynoed at Cannondale
The list will show the injector values by vin number.Kram is going to also post this list so if you do lose them we can get them without flowtesting soon.

southbaymoto

#5 Post by southbaymoto »

I reccomend increasing the throttle position to make the idle 2200 RPM.

jfarrar

#6 Post by jfarrar »

use the idle screw

southbaymoto

#7 Post by southbaymoto »

Sorry, thanks J did you get the map ok?

jfarrar

#8 Post by jfarrar »

yes i did dustin.you are a life saver ,thank you.

Jaybr

#9 Post by Jaybr »

Not trying to confuse anyone here, but something I learned awhile back is that ideally the idle position should be between 3.5 and 4% with the motor warm and idle at 2200. You need to adjust the Injector Offset to dial this in, if the throttle position is high it's rich and low it's lean, usually.

Motown, your throttle position looks good but your idle is low. I'm betting it's rich and when you increase the idle your Throttle Position will be a little high.

On my quad after installing the HMF, my throttle position was like 2.8 at proper idle and I was running very lean. I bumped the Injector Offset a little at a time up to .96 and it's running perfect and my Throttle Position is 3.4%

On Nrath's, he was having starting issues and when we hooked it up the throttle position was at around 6% with idle set. He was way too rich, we dropped injector offset a little at a time and ended up down around .2 from initial setting with Throttle Position close to 4%, starting problems where solved.

When you get it dialed in you can hear the difference in the way the motor runs, and it idles smoother.

One of the Cannondale guru's gave me this info, but I can't remember which one, Kram or 4StrokeMadman. Maybe one of them will jump in and confirm my procedures.