Just bought an 03 Speed

rcrcman

#1 Post by rcrcman »

Hi guys Ive been wanting to pick up a dale since they came out.... Ive casually watched the local classifieds and scored a deal yesterday (I hope so). Luckily the previous owner drained he fuel before putting it in storage for 6 yrs. It appears very lightly used. It still has holeshots all around and what appears to be the stock sprockets and chain. None of the fender mounts have been repaired and the tag bars are still straight. All indications are it hasnt been ran much.

Ive had banshees, scramblers and currently ride a yz450f bike. So not new to atvs just new to dales.

Today after work I changed all the oils, charged the battery and put some fresh ethanol free gas in it. I primed the pump with a few turns of the key and to my surprise it fired right up when I hit the start button... It idled right away and sounds good. No thumps coming from the engine etc. The return fuel line is leaking from the quick connect. Need to find those orings and replace. But other than that it ran!

Ive poked around the site a bit and online trying to educate myself about these and there's a ton of good info. Im wondering if there is a list or chart of things to check and things to update/upgrade from stock? Almost like a must have, nice to have and maybe one day. My fear is get it all serviced and ready to ride and have something stupid sideline it that I should of done.

TIA!

MX Quad Dad

#2 Post by MX Quad Dad »

read updates and tips to start, in the mecanical section.

I bought two dales (new) and had quite q few hours on them before the Z bearing fix was proven. I was one of the lucky ones. I personly recommend the bearing inspect and upgrade "sooner the better" very low hour engines have failed.

there are lists on this forum. Maybe if no one else chimes in I'll see if I can find one of them

rcrcman

#3 Post by rcrcman »

Ok thanks for the reply... Ill search around and read everything I can get my hands on. I figured there had to be a checklist or similar

MX Quad Dad

#4 Post by MX Quad Dad »

well, I searched for a list and I am pretty sure there is a list of some kind but no luck. If we can find it or make one, it would be a good thing if we could get it put in the FAQ on a sticky.

wistech

#5 Post by wistech »

http://www.cannondaleriders.com/forums/ind...ersonal+updates This is from 10 years ago. Im sure it needs a bunch more updates. Its a nice post to see how ideas differed in the early days.

MX Quad Dad

#6 Post by MX Quad Dad »

QUOTE (Wistech @ Feb 21 2016, 03:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
http://www.cannondaleriders.com/forums/ind...ersonal+updates This is from 10 years ago. Im sure it needs a bunch more updates. Its a nice post to see how ideas differed in the early days.

I knew there was a list , I even did a search "update list" and I guess I missed it. anyway I think it would be a good Idea to make this a stickey on the FAQ section There may even be updates to the update list.