Help!!! Engine Smokes On Start Up (heavy)

Yellowrocket440

#11 Post by Yellowrocket440 »

Hey man, i thought i would add some reply to the situation!!! I got 03 speed with all the updates done on it,
and i have had the same problem.. Some say its something to worry about and some dont... the theory about the check valve ball is probably 99% true to what is happening with ur's, mine has done it to me bout
5-8 times in the past yr. or so, and continue's to run like a bat out **** after the oil burns out of the muffler.. I've been told that a very small piece of trash or something like that would cause it to stick, and i have not put it on its rear grab bar , Done it simply just sitting to be Rode again.... biggrin.gif If im wrong about this information , maybe somebody like Timbo, Blackwidow, or cdale27 could enlighten us, But think im on the correct path!!!!!! Hope this helps!!!! cool.gif

cannondale27

#12 Post by cannondale27 »

You are correct.Some also have very roughly machined seats for the checkball.Hey check out date of post you replied to biggrin.gif

ADMINISTRATOR

#13 Post by ADMINISTRATOR »

Sometimes its from poor machining,sometimes from a burr that wasn't cleaned off from the factory,most of the time its from debris between the check ball.Sometimes its a sign the cranks starting to go then keep an I on the oil filter for metal and alot of times on a rebuilt motor its from debris from failed crank or other failure left in the frame.Anytime a motor has went from a crank or other metal eating away process I can't stress enough how important it is to flush the frame rails.Not doing so will damage your motor or cause premature wear.The oil filter has a bypass and it does go through the rebuilt motor.Magnets are a great way to catch the debris.Also,always make sure to pull the oneway bearing out to clean in the c'balance.It collects metal.The good thing about the check ball issue is if you take them and blow them out with an air hose and carb cleaner it almost alway fixes the oil puking problem.Bad thing you have to remove the pump to clean it.