(stage8 Instructions!) Stud update-- can ya help a girl out?? :)

Jennys440dale

Stud update-- can ya help a girl out?? :)

#1 Post by Jennys440dale »

Alright, I have read all that I can on the stud update. Now, we are going to try and attempt this. What I wanna know is-- is there any pointers that you guys can give me in this attempt?? I did not buy the stage 8 kit, we will simply be checking all the bolts and removing and applying loctite on the bolts.

BUT... the hardest part will be dropping the motor and tearing into it. These quads are still practically brand new and I just want to make sure I do it right. What fluids to take out, what to be careful on, any tips would be GREAT!!!

Derno24

#2 Post by Derno24 »

The place where most people got their directions from was . There is detailed directions for removing the motor there.

iceracer17

update

#3 Post by iceracer17 »

If you want to do it right and you are takin all the bolts out anyways I would strongly suggest the stage8.It would give a little peace of mind and then you won't be kickin yourself later.

Psychosis

Re: update

#4 Post by Psychosis »

Originally posted by iceracer17
If you want to do it right and you are takin all the bolts out anyways I would strongly suggest the stage8.It would give a little peace of mind and then you won't be kickin yourself later.

Agreed. Might as well make it as good as it can be and for as cheap as the kit is, it's a must. I also have it installed on mine.

haydug

#5 Post by haydug »

I will have to agree, just tore a motor down today, that had been taken apart and loctited, but 2 races later it was blowing oil, so tore it down and 1 bolt fell out and 4 more were loose. Also chewed up the oil pump gears.

Honestly taking the motor out isn't that bad. Drain all fluids and just take your time, all of your connectors will only plug in one way, just keep your eye on where they go to get them close. Also watch your injectors so they don't catch on the radiator fan tabs when dropping the motor. This is a good time to grease your swingarm bolt as well.
1 more thing I will add here, when re-installing the motor, check the clearance between your cases and the mounts on the frame cradle. I had two .030 thousands spacers made to take up the slack, also installed the motor mount update kit.

cannondale27

Stage8 instructions

#6 Post by cannondale27 »

Here are the instructions I give with the kits.Should help you.

ENGINE REMOVAL STEPS

Remove battery and tray

Drain all fluids

Remove exhaust

Disconnect breather hose at valvecover

Disconnect oil hose or hoses where oil is drained

Disconnect oil hose at back of motor

Remove breather hose at coolant bottle

Remove radiator

Remove fan

Loosen clamp holding throttlebody on motor lift throttlebody/airbox off slightly

Remove nuts and clips pull injectors out wiggle till they come out

Disconnect stator wire

Disconnect temp sensor wire

Disconnect coilwire

Disconnect cranksensor wire

CHECK FOR ANY ZIPTIES HOLDING WIRES TO MOTOR OR ANY HOSES OR WIRES NOT MENTIONED

Put a tiedown strap around frame and under intake of motor

Remove engine cradle

Put floorjack under motor remove tiedown

Pull swingarm bolt out just far enough to get motor out

Lower motor using jack slowly LOOK for problems pull motor out left side

To install just reverse order (be sure to loctite cradle bolts and install cradle bolts before installing front motor mount bolt.UPDATE)

TIMING:

cannondale27

#7 Post by cannondale27 »

Timing

cannondale27

Timing marks

#8 Post by cannondale27 »

Should look like this when done and tdc bolt in.

cannondale27

Torques

#9 Post by cannondale27 »

Transplate

cannondale27

#10 Post by cannondale27 »

crankplate