(stage8 Instructions!) Stud update-- can ya help a girl out?? :)

NRath

#21 Post by NRath »

1. Like Stones said- it makes it much easier. I personally don't remove the fan, some do, and don't have much problem in and out.

2. I loosen both clamps on the intake boot, drop the motor down an inch or so, then push up on the airbox, and the boot will pop off. I loosen both so it can come off either end, whicheer is easiest for it.

3. I start with the biggest socket in the drawer until I find one that fits- never paid attention to the size. Sorry I can't help on this one!

Jennys440dale

#22 Post by Jennys440dale »

Alright-- tried working on removing the timing chain last night. How in heck do I remove the bolt on the bottom of the timing chain? Is there anything I need to do when putting the timing chain back on? I am only removing it so I can get to the last bolt. I need to get the oil pump gear off.

I also need a part -- I need an external Retaining ring M10-5001028. Anybody have one???

THANKS!!:usa

jcv440

#23 Post by jcv440 »

Do you mean the big Nut holding the bottom gear on? Air Rachet is what we use. Just make sure to use the removeable(blue) loctite on all the bolts when you re-assemble everything. It's a must.

Should be able to pick up the retaining rings at a automotive store, buy a couple, they like to escape! smile.gif If you wanna talk to someone, give Scott a call. He'll take care of ya, 814-929-5332