BIG PROBLEM!! with lower a-arm ball joint

nicksglamis440

#11 Post by nicksglamis440 »

Both of th ball joints that popped out of my lower a arms had zero amount of grease in them, and never did have grease. The bike only 5 months old and has about 20 hours tops on it this should not be happining.:mad: :confused: :confused:

DangerRanger

#12 Post by DangerRanger »

Haydug....call me on the ball joints ASAP.

317-331-1197

For the rest of ya, alot of dealers/smugglers and such managed to get smoking deals on the bad and recalled balljoints that were laying around...I have witnessed a bunch of these doing exactly the things described...kinda sad to see they were never completely eliminted, and about 5,000+ are still floating around that I personally know of, any I have found, I have had destroyed.

The balljoint is cannondale designed by the CD god himself, along with a very reputable joint company. I had a deal setup with them, but the demand at that time was really low, and was not looking to sit on $5000 worth of inventory to sell only a couple here or there, maybe Dougy and I can work on that deal now...if the need is there.

ben

bknight

#13 Post by bknight »

i think the need is there.
to me this is a saftey issue like i said mine has less then 20hr on it.
if i was to get new ball joint from atk how well i know that it will be good ones and not junk ones ????

dawzie

#14 Post by dawzie »

I thought when I got my second Cannibal the guy told me that he had 400EX ball joints in it ?? Does anyone know if this is possible?? I dont have anything to compare mine to because the other one has Walsh arms.

bknight

#15 Post by bknight »

Originally posted by dawzie
I thought when I got my second Cannibal the guy told me that he had 400EX ball joints in it ?? Does anyone know if this is possible?? I dont have anything to compare mine to because the other one has Walsh arms.

man that would be good if it will fit got to be a lot better then whats in there now

haydug

#16 Post by haydug »

I just now stumbles on this thread, sorry it took me so long. I'll give you a call today or tomorrow Ben, not feeling up to par at the moment, went to bed and a flu bug must have caught me and bit me on the ***. Or mayby I got it sitting in the "indoor" this weekend.
OK guys, to make this work, HOW MUCH OF A DEMAND IS THERE????
I personally change my a-arms, which I know is kinda expensive.

bknight

#17 Post by bknight »

will i dont no how much of a need is but i do need sume
to me this is a safty issue and i think all ppl that have the atv should cheack to see if is a prob. when i read this post i look at mine. yes i need sume so if it is true that 400ex will fit ill get them.got to be better then i got now

thunderwolf

#18 Post by thunderwolf »

I need some, for a Moto.

DangerRanger

#19 Post by DangerRanger »

NO the 400ex ones will not fit, and besides they are not removeable in an 400ex....quite listening to what buddies say.

these were designed soley by cannondale for cannondale, the guy who designed them worked on designing some similar style ones for Polaris, but they are not the same, the only ball joint in the world that will work is these, unless you have aftermarket a-arms, or some of the rare moto a-arms.

ben

thunderwolf

#20 Post by thunderwolf »

Ok, what are the rare Moto a-arms? How do I tell if I have them?