BIG PROBLEM!! with lower a-arm ball joint

DangerRanger

#61 Post by DangerRanger »

i'll try and scan it sometime today.

cannondale27

Versions

#62 Post by cannondale27 »

These are what I have seen.

1)FX400/Early Cannible THK joints Aluminum bodies (recalled)

2)Steel/no ring loose fitting joint even when new ($15 replacement cost)

3)Steel/no ring tighter fitting joint when new($70)

4)Steel/ring greased and they last well so far

thomez

#63 Post by thomez »

Is that Mezaros Motorsports in NE Ohio? Sounds like the place in my little hick town but I didn't know what they made in the machine shop.

bknight

#64 Post by bknight »

i got sume email today
i well not say to much about it but ill will stand up for atk
smile.gif smile.gif

DangerRanger

#65 Post by DangerRanger »

I rode for Bob at Meszaros for a season...so did 5 others of us here...be very careful in you dealings....and no the bushings he made for 4 cannondales lasted about 2 rides...poor reliability if you ask me. I am turning these here at work. we have an awesome maching department, and I work out there on special "goverment" projects after hours. Bob is a supernice guy, but the customer service was extremely poor after the first day, and he upset alot of people.

ben

thomez

#66 Post by thomez »

I let him mount a set of tires for me and that's about the closest I'd let him get to any of my machines. He had some crappy customer service for my uncle trying to get his 250 Honda fixed for his boy to ride it. It sat there for months and when my uncle called the last time the guy just asked if he could buy it off him instead of fixing it. Obviously not so my uncle had to pick it up and take it elsewhere, a couple months wasted. What a turd. sad.gif

claas900

#67 Post by claas900 »

...This is just sad and scary. Every problem I have ever had with my Canon has been something with the motor,witch for the most part i can deal with. I just bought some extended a-arms that use the stock ball joint,I bought them before all this came up.
Mine does have the wire clip on them,and no #'s or letters any were.Now I'm so scared to do anything with it..I don't want to go over the bars. It looks like even ones with wire clips on them fail?..All i can say is once again Cannon left us S.O.L....And no I'm not trying to start anything...Just venting...

Brad Oakley

Ball Joints

#68 Post by Brad Oakley »

I've just been through our complete inventory. Due to manufacturing inconsistencies (My guess) I did find a few of the "New" style ball joints that didn't have the spring clip. I've thrown them out so ya'll won't be getting them from us! We also have a few quads in here and I've checked their b-joints too. Found two that have b-joints with what appears to be a rifle scope cross-hairs pattern stamped into the top of them. These are the BAAAAD ones! I'll make sure that these don't leave the shop, either.
I'm still checking into things, but it appears that what I'm finding is that the problem may lie with the a-arms more than with the b-joints. A step that was sometimes forgotten at the factory was to re-machine the cups on the a-arms to make them round again after the welding process "egged" them. If this step was skipped, the b-joints are being squeezed on two sides which cause them to wear unevenly, and then pop out. Maybe one of you out there can either confirm or correct this information - and maybe suggest a way to correct the problem. Meanwhile, I'll keep making sure that you're receiving the the best parts that we can find here at ATK.
One last thought. I use my name "Brad Oakley" here in the forums, instead of the cool identifications that ya'll use, because I can't come up with a name that means "Old Fat Guy that Refuses to Act His Age." Any suggestions?

Jaybr

Re: Ball Joints

#69 Post by Jaybr »

Originally posted by Brad Oakley
I can't come up with a name that means "Old Fat Guy that Refuses to Act His Age." Any suggestions?

Sorry, Jaybr is already taken:)

how about OFGRAHA?

DangerRanger

#70 Post by DangerRanger »

Brad...a ream will take care of that.

how about ole dirty *******....lol:D

Ben