check your Crankshaft/Trans Cart bolts!!

EricM

#31 Post by EricM »

I just ordered new clutches and they were updated, the 9 friction plates were 2.32mm and that was changed to 8 friction plates of 2.82mm and one less metal plate. i was also told that they still have several thousand sets too so that made me feel a little better. If you want to read it yourself, it was under parts bulletins.
http://www.cannondale.com/motorsports/tech...df/PB02-008.pdf

cannondale27

#32 Post by cannondale27 »

I think that the clutch update was a unneccesary update that was brought about because the first two plates the tabs would bend and eventually break off.This does not happen all at once people need to look at their clutch once in a while.The updated clutch the plates dont bend anymore but now they will groove out the clutchhub sooner and I have seen them burning up.Neither of these things happened to the old clutch setup and I would sooner replace a few discs than a hub and all the discs.

Ryanstones

completely sick

#33 Post by Ryanstones »

Really sorry to hear about it girl186...sad.gif :confused:
As far as 4 wheelin goes, it really can't get much worse than that. My sincere sympathy to you and your mechanics.

jschner

#34 Post by jschner »

This is tough but,

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...4&category=6719

Then sell everything else.

DangerRanger

#35 Post by DangerRanger »

Here ya go

call Steve Maslanik
814-609-6072

Tell him Ben sent ya!

Ben

Coleridge

#36 Post by Coleridge »

I know this is an old topic for everyone but here??????????????????s my info now, for what it's worth. (Just found this site this week, as well as the stud epidemic).

I have a '03 cannibal LE vin is 003, got it in July '02. It does have the cannondale logo above the tranny drain bolt. In sept of last year a bolt came loose in the trans and chewed up everything. It happened at a track with some pretty good jumps (The 1st time I had really hit any big jumps with it, all other time was trails).
Not sure which bolt came out, or if loc-tite was used. It was under warranty & my dealer repaired everything. Said it was the 1st one thy'd seen one do that.
It only had maybe 20-25 hours on it, plates had not been removed.
I haven??????????????????t checked since. Until I found this site I thought it was a fluke occurrence. Now have only maybe 45-50 hrs and no more trouble since. I do want to check & install (while I'm in) the stud update. I'm scared to ride now.
Let me know how to get my hands on a kit!

dawzie

#37 Post by dawzie »

ced7x - your Dale needs to get the mapping checked. also might want to run a 8 plug. Unless you bought it cheap its going to be tough to sell if none of the updates have been done. If none have been done you really should get them done. But these Dales are THE BEST. Once you learn how to work on them, it is a worth while quad.

Mjollnir

#38 Post by Mjollnir »

ced - you might also try bumping the idle up a hair. My dealer, and my experience, tells me that if the idle speed is set below 2000-2200 RPM, it will die or stall sometimes. Cheap fix - might as well give it a shot!

Marc

MXMIKE

#39 Post by MXMIKE »

Also re-route the fuel line so it does not cross over the head!
That is suposed to cause vapor lock.Mine was stalling when I got it and I did all the above.

Now if it stalls its my fault:cry:

Ryanstones

#40 Post by Ryanstones »

All good points fellas.
Based on your VIN i'd say that the stator wire, behind the flywheel also needs shielding.