check your Crankshaft/Trans Cart bolts!!

timbomoose

#41 Post by timbomoose »

Another thing that can cause the stalling is if it does't have the updated operating code in the computer(4-k).It can cause it to stall when riding.My freind's and my brother's did the same thing.We put in the updated operating code and neither has stalled since.

NRath

#42 Post by NRath »

Originally posted by Ryanstones
All good points fellas.
Based on your VIN i'd say that the stator wire, behind the flywheel also needs shielding.

I've got an '02, also, #888. I had a similar problem- sporadic stalling. Worse when hot. It was the lack of shielding on the stator wires. Easy check: pull off the black flywheel cover on the right side. Follow the wires to the stator from the top left. As they go behind the flywheel you should see the wires running into a tube(clothlike material). If they aren't, you'll need to pull the flywheel- takes a flywheel puller, about $16. The wires short out on the little clip behind the flywheel. You should be able to tape them, add some shielding, and rock-n-roll!

aroracer72

#43 Post by aroracer72 »

Hey, since you guys have been asking for links or sources to the update kits, ill list some site members names, and a couple websites that you can for shure, find a STAGE 8 kit, which is what you should get, from.

MEMBERS:
HayDug
MAZ
cannondale27
BigWinkey (might have spelled wrong)
there are some more, but i cant remember at this time.

WEBSITES:
http://southbaymoto.com/engine_dale.htm
couldnt find the kit listed anywere on cdaleparts.com.

PHONE/FAX NUMBERS:
maslanik motosports (member MAZ's dealer, ask for Maz)
(814) 609-6072
FAX: (814) 239-2056
HayDug member's number
1-304-675-3027
dont know any others at the moment

EMAIL ADDRESS's:
maz@cdaleparts.com or ron@cdaleparts.com

Hope this helps...phewwww........took me a little while to get all of that...hope it gets all your questions/needs answered.
CHAD
:usa :deal: smile.gif

cdalepilot

#44 Post by cdalepilot »

cdalepilot was here!smile.gif

thomez

#45 Post by thomez »

Loctite will also work, Stage 8 is just foolproof. They simply can't back out, locking fastners. Stage 8 is just under 100 bucks. I think ATK is the only place you can purchase a crank.

btolenti

#46 Post by btolenti »

cdaleparts.com for the stage 8 kit.... :usa

SANDNURIZ

#47 Post by SANDNURIZ »

:eek:

Help?

Just got the stage 8 kit !

But no :deal: step by step or torq. info!

cannondale27

#48 Post by cannondale27 »

PM me your email and I will email them to you or do a search instructions are posted on both here and Cannondaler.

moeman

#49 Post by moeman »

All-
I know this has been around for quite a while and the first thing you learn about a 'dale is to do this, but I thought I would throw my info in:

1. Which bolts came loose on your machine (not your friends brothers cousin machine)? -None

2. Did you have the stud update kit installed? -The factory kit was installed, changed to the Stage 8 kit.

3. Have the cartdridge plates ever been removed and re-installed? -No

4. Approximatly how many hours were on the machine? ~25 hrs.

5. What is your VIN number? 00338

6. If the bolts came loose and you re-installed them did you notice any loctite on the bolts? the bolts all had LOTS of loctite on them

7. Have you re-installed bolts only to have them come loose again? not with stage 8!!

8. What type of riding do you primarily do (racing, trail riding etc..)? mostly trail, some dunes

9. Which model do you have? Cannibal LE

btw - I owe a big THANKS to this website and Haydug.

Haydug hooked me up with the info and the parts!! Now I feel comfortable riding my 'dale and not wondering if all that noise is the engine falling apart!!

Thanks to Haydug and all the others trying to keep these machines alive and well!!

and for those wondering about owning a 'dale....go to one of your local "big" 4 dealers and ask them how their NEW high-rev 4 stroke compares to a 'dale. When I asked our local Honda dealer he said, "well- it isn't a Cannondale, they came with alot HIGHER QUALITY parts to begin with" besides he wanted $2500 more than I paid for mine...think I'll stay with 'dale for now!!!!

Ryanstones

thanks for posting Moe!

#50 Post by Ryanstones »

that's the kinda info we need to hear more often!!:usa