We need to take a look at this....

justfine

We need to take a look at this....

#1 Post by justfine »

I am hearing a lot of good and bad about this new Yamaha. What is the deal? Anyone have anything to say? I have been told by several people it is a better racer than the Moto? Is it true? Let's here what you have to say.

Ryanstones

I'll tell ya how they saved all the weight!

#2 Post by Ryanstones »

they made it 9/10 scale!! I just got to sit on one for the first time and it honestly didn't feel much bigger than a blaster to me. I know the wheelbase is full size but...
I personally wouldn't buy another yammie anyway, but at 6'2" I shure can't ride that thing all day. Seat and pegs way to close together and my knees would protest for days!
I can see where less tall people would like it.
You can see my priorities are moving more to comfort than speed:rolleyes:

ppogue

yama450

#3 Post by ppogue »

Ok,
after thrashing my brother's new YFZ450 at our local MX track, I can tell you this. With the new exhaust, open air box, and cam mod, it will flat smoke any cdale in a straight line. We are both veteran racers, and whoever was on the YFZ smoked the cdale. This did make me happy. Ok, now the bad, it corners like crap, the suspension "don't beleive the hype" is also crap. Although better than any other stock suspension, it is no where near race ready. With some PEP shocks, axle, and at least +2 a-arms, it will be really tough to beat. The motor is insane. BTW, my cdale has the moto map, HMF, TCS, and everything lonestar makes.
There you go, be very afraid.
Sorry,

justfine

may just be a few peoples bad luck, but

#4 Post by justfine »

Check out Bluetraxx under YFZ450 threads and they have one for problems. Sounds like a lot to me for a quad that they had so much time to develop. After owning a Raptor I can say that Yamaha is not into fit and finish or reliability like Cannondale or Honda.

justfine

also....

#5 Post by justfine »

ppogue. You are talking about a really "worked" bike after all that stuff. I bet many quads could be competitive with it after all that money is dumped into it.