new honda 450

thomez

#11 Post by thomez »

The EX front ends don't swap either from what I've read.

The magazines have been brutal on the TRX but I am not sure 100% why.

TheJaspMan

#12 Post by TheJaspMan »

I'm a Honda fan. I always have been. The 400ex was an awsome quad and still is. I am just not a fan of the TRX for a few reasons.

It's ugly, it has no starter stock, they use greaseless parts and most importantly.... it's ugly!

But without riding one my opinion is worthless. But that is my .02$

cdalepilot

#13 Post by cdalepilot »

i havn't rode one but i sat on one just to check out the ergo's , feels in between a yfz450 & a 400ex the color of the plastic up close looks like a fluorescent red. i don't know for sure if it is the footpegs , seat or handlebars but it feels like it sits higher than a 400ex. i know this much for sure the ergo's are not as nice as a ''cdale''. and neither is the yfz450 :usa

4punksdad

#14 Post by 4punksdad »

for the non-believers..............believe one thing. The 450R screams. It delivers a more exciting punch than the stock yfz450. More of a cannondale type hit. Remember the reviews the cannibal used to get? It is not for beginners. The 450R is a bit hyper. It likes to be revved to the moon and it hooks up almost too well. The YFZ I rode had great power too, but it came on more mellow and may actually be easier to ride fast (fast = smooth) in stock form. But the 450R has far more "smile factor". Call it ugly..............call it what you want. I call it fast & fun.

thomez

#15 Post by thomez »

That is about the exact opposite of every other TRX vs YFZ review I have heard of. Not to say you are biased, it just is. I read an article yesterday saying the TRX was a better woods bike because the power was easier to control and the YFZ was jumpy.

Most people say the TRX has a torque motor and the YFZ is like a 2 stroke. I'll include a dyno here stock vs stock. It looks like the TRX is more powerful to me except just the peak so I imagine it does scream. I wasn't too impressed with the YFZ stock that I have been close to. I could rear end it on the straight with the Blaze.

I'm not sure what a Cannondale hit is, the power can be made to be smooth and last forever. That is what makes it move fast smile.gif

Either way, my Blaze will be ready for them come this summer biggrin.gif

4punksdad

#16 Post by 4punksdad »

Originally posted by thomez
That is about the exact opposite of every other TRX vs YFZ review I have heard of. Not to say you are biased, it just is. I read an article yesterday saying the TRX was a better woods bike because the power was easier to control and the YFZ was jumpy.

Most people say the TRX has a torque motor and the YFZ is like a 2 stroke. I'll include a dyno here stock vs stock. It looks like the TRX is more powerful to me except just the peak so I imagine it does scream. I wasn't too impressed with the YFZ stock that I have been close to. I could rear end it on the straight with the Blaze.

I'm not sure what a Cannondale hit is, the power can be made to be smooth and last forever. That is what makes it move fast smile.gif

Either way, my Blaze will be ready for them come this summer biggrin.gif

no,not biased at all thomez, I could have bought whatever bike I wanted and I still might have a yamaha if the right deal comes along...........the yfz is a fine bike. I just didn't feel that arm wrenching hit from it that I feel from the c-dale and the trx. The power delivery was smoother. Granted, I have far less time on a yfz............but I rode it in the woods and on my small track. The YFZ is easy to ride fast.............but it lacks excitement in stock form. I think it was easier to ride than a 450R OR a c-dale..........so I guess I disagree with the reviews on that topic also.

Easy to ride isn't what excites me...........it inspires confidence, but I aint lacking in that dept.smile.gif

saleen_1

#17 Post by saleen_1 »

honda has always made great bikes,and i think they always will.

CdaleRacer0128

#18 Post by CdaleRacer0128 »

4punks, the yfz is mellow when stock, do the cam mod, and add an exhaust, and wow hold the F on:eek:

cdrookie

#19 Post by cdrookie »

exactly as cdaleracer said! the most impressive quad i ever rode was a yfz with a full sparks exhaust and exhaust cam retarded. not the fastest or quickest but the best all around package. i think about that bike every day. he's lucky i didn't ride it back to the truck and take off! funny thing was... he liked my cannibal better! he wouldn't trade though.:cry:

wistech

#20 Post by wistech »

Although the one I rode was still new on its break in I can honestly say that it is absolutly nothing like powerband on my speed. It had great low end and midrange but the top end seemed to end way to early(400ex like) where my quad has the insane overrev power. I must say it was the most comfortable quad I have ever been on and everything felt right on the money.
It did feel like a small quad with the tiny fenders and narrow front end. Of course anything under 50 inches wide feels tippy to me.LOL