? about a Blaster problem

sillysspeed

? about a Blaster problem

#1 Post by sillysspeed »

Hey fellas, My friend has a Blaster and gas is running out of the carb. Small overflow hose. Any Ideas on what it is? Figured I'd ask.. If its happened to his I'm sure its messed up on someone elses. Thanks

jfarrar

#2 Post by jfarrar »

float in the carb is stuck or out of adjustment.in rare cases they can get a hole in them and fill with gas to

sillysspeed

#3 Post by sillysspeed »

thanks Farrar

that can't be too hard to fix.

jesshamner

#4 Post by jesshamner »

Originally posted by sillysspeed
thanks Farrar

that can't be too hard to fix.

Exactly. They aren't too hard to work on.

wanablaze

#5 Post by wanablaze »

A little tip, try hitting the carb with a hammer, it may unstick the float. If not, go ride it WOT for a while, typically they will losen up.

Also if the rear brake locks up, smack the piston with a hammer, it will unlock.

I grew up around these things. There are 4 in my back yard right now. I swear that if they sit long enough the floats stick on all of them.

moto440

#6 Post by moto440 »

you know most people have grass and maybe even a car in there back yard, but 4 blasters!!! thats impressive :clap: biggrin.gif

Exodus

#7 Post by Exodus »

If its stuck good, then you'll have to pull the bowl on the carb. The valve for the fuel shutoff has a little rubber tip on it. That tip sometimes dries out and theres no hope if fixing it. The plus side is that those mikuni carbs sell a dime a dozen so getting another carb is pretty cheap. I biuld these on an order basis, so I've had my share of that same prob. Look around and find a 26 to 28mm Keihin PE carb. There about a hundred bucks new and really make a huge inmprovement over stock for not much money. Those carbs were generally sold on CR 80's and 85's.

jesshamner

#8 Post by jesshamner »

Originally posted by wanablaze

I grew up around these things.  There are 4 in my back yard right now.  I swear that if they sit long enough the floats stick on all of them.

Do you have any projects sitting out there you want to part with....for cheap?

wanablaze

#9 Post by wanablaze »

Well, 3 of the blasters are my uncles, one is my sisters. I sold mine and it is for sale right now. The guy I sold it to a few years ago barely rode it. Let me ask him how much.

Out of the 4 blasters we have here, only one is operable right now. Two need brakes, one needs a clutch. All 4 could use chains. I doubt you'd be too interested in any of them. They all need some TLC.

However, I sold my Blaster for around $1500 and it was a year old at the time. I'd replaced all gaskets and rings, installed an FMF exhaust, and v-force delta two reeds. It's also got new Turf tamers and a new clutch. Also has new carb I believe. Few hours since I sold it, let me see how much he wants.

Morgan, I've tried callin ya, hit me back!

jesshamner

#10 Post by jesshamner »

Josh, those sound nice. I am actually looking for a project. Not something I can throw a chain on. LOL....who needs brakes. I have just been looking around for an old one that I can completely strip down, clean and rebuild it. I have come across some that were under 500 bucks but I missed out on them. I found one for $150 that I was going to buy but the owner sold it before I actually told him I wanted it.