Ice Ice Baby!

cannondale27

#1 Post by cannondale27 »

biggrin.gif Time to shred some ice finally.Wish I were riding the Red,White and Blue in background but gotta settle for just Blue sad.gif Dont matter will have a blast.Replaced broken picks from Banzai run on sled other day and even bought a nice sharp set of carbides just to show Wistech how a sled can handle on the ice but the whipped boy is whimping out.Quad is geared 15-37 in attempt to get enough speed to scare me a bit if it can pull that gearing well.Ice tires are on and ready.Iceracer you better get out here for some practice cause YFZ is on the hunt swaybar or not tongue.gif

Will post some pics tomorrow of the crazies out there on river.They will have everything under sun running up and down river.Streetbikes,Jeeps,gokart and even golf carts with sled engines.Going to try showing you a video on sled.

iceracer17

#2 Post by iceracer17 »

I will be working on the one i bought today to see if i can get it done.
A guy kinda wishes he had a nice stroker to run. I would hit the national next weekend instead.They have some pretty big money up for the dash races.
Wistech should get Neil down to run it.

wistech

#3 Post by wistech »

The 468 twins(Neil and Chad) are hitting the big season ender this weekend. The new ice quad was brought to life thursday night and it sounded gooood. I hope those 2 dont enter into the same classes . I keep having visions of them taking each other out going for the win.
C27 Id like to ride but priorities come first and the SAS is #1. Besides the moto is my summer quad and I would rather use a stroker to pull start your YFZ. ohmy.gif

cannondale27

#4 Post by cannondale27 »

laugh.gif Yea it didnt need a pull this time but the YFZ did leave the ice broken after about a hour.Nothing serious though but couldnt ride it any more.When I post video we will see who can guess what went wrong with it.Will post pic of the carnage in Halls after that.I will tell you what I want a helmet cam.Fell off snowmobile while videoing was pretty scary.Worst part is I must have hit a button or it timed out by then so I didnt get my fall on video.Was second crash I missed.A guy on a 300ex took quite a tumble and camera was pointed in right direction but must not have been recording mad.gif

cannondale27

#5 Post by cannondale27 »

cannondale27

#6 Post by cannondale27 »

Some say that we have to much power for our quads.Give me a break!Remember vid was taken with one hand driving quad and one holding camera.Pic quality is really bad but sound is enough.

http://media.putfile.com/Let-offNo-Way

ozarkdaler

#7 Post by ozarkdaler »

That looks like fun.

We are going to Colorado in March maybe we will still get some snow.

yamadjs08

#8 Post by yamadjs08 »

QUOTE (cannondale27 @ Jan 27 2007, 08:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Some say that we have to much power for our quads.Give me a break!Remember vid was taken with one hand driving quad and one holding camera.Pic quality is really bad but sound is enough.

http://media.putfile.com/Let-offNo-Way

Looks like a lot of fun, too bad our rivers aren't froze up yet...

You definitely need a nice helmet cam.

You run you Cannondale that hard? LOL. mellow.gif biggrin.gif

cannondale27

#9 Post by cannondale27 »

All the time!Isnt that what revlimiter is for?

I wonder do they make helmet cams with a remote microphone?If mounted in airstream it would suck just hearing the air especially on sled.I need to find vid where at 110 the windshield bucles and get pushed flat down.What a rush!

So anyone watch first one and figure out what went wrong?

yamadjs08

#10 Post by yamadjs08 »

QUOTE (cannondale27 @ Jan 27 2007, 09:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
All the time!Isnt that what revlimiter is for?

I wonder do they make helmet cams with a remote microphone?If mounted in airstream it would suck just hearing the air especially on sled.I need to find vid where at 110 the windshield bucles and get pushed flat down.What a rush!

So anyone watch first one and figure out what went wrong?

I watched the first one but I couldn't tell what went wrong...

Maybe I missed something?

Loved the part with you cussing out the Yamaha though! laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif