The build

Derno24

#31 Post by Derno24 »

Originally posted by PeeWee
That makes alot of sense Derno. I done some searching over at zcentral and did notice no one talked about adjusting the tension.
My nephews KFX is makin the dreaded chain slap noise and i know 100% the adjuster has never been touched. Alot of the members posts about the timing chain had the Hot Cams included so they seemed to blame it on the weight of the cams and then i decided to weigh a set of stockers versus the HCams and they are significantly heavier. I figured and assumed the added weight would be harder on the cams because of the ramp speeds of the cam lobes and such. Oh well....that's what i get for thinking!!

Hey no biggie. From what I found most of the early 03's had this problem. It is with the area of the motor where the tensioner mounts into the motor. From what I have been told and seen the ledge where it mounts is too tall. It doesn't allow the adjuster to do it's full job. Newer versions have corrected this problem. Reason for chain damage is due to excess slapping. I didn't think much of it at first until I had to switch a second chain after the buffer was slapped so bad it didn't have adjustment.

It is probably still a good idea to go with that cam chain though as Doug will be pushing so serious weight.

PeeWee

#32 Post by PeeWee »

Off topic but DAMM! Do you really have that many posts??

Derno24
Your Monkey Ruler!

Derno24

#33 Post by Derno24 »

Probably!!!

CptHook

#34 Post by CptHook »

Don't fall prey to the monkey ruler's deception. You are no monkey, therefor you cannot be ruled by him. Take that "1" off the front of his post count and you will have approx. the correct number.

A while back Jaybr fell prey to Derno's post-whoring propaganda and increased his post count to what you see now. Rumor has it that Jaybr still has the mind-control device attached to him and thats why he hasn't made the correction yet. Be wary of his ways.

Derno24

#35 Post by Derno24 »

Originally posted by CptHook
Don't fall prey to the monkey ruler's deception. You are no monkey, therefor you cannot be ruled by him. Take that "1" off the front of his post count and you will have approx. the correct number.

A while back Jaybr fell prey to Derno's post-whoring propaganda and increased his post count to what you see now. Rumor has it that Jaybr still has the mind-control device attached to him and thats why he hasn't made the correction yet. Be wary of his ways.

Unfortunately you aren't right. A mod was taking and giving posts like they were M&M's I probably had about 2,000 more posts that either got deleted or not counted.tongue.gif

CptHook

#36 Post by CptHook »

bah! lies!

Derno24

#37 Post by Derno24 »

Originally posted by CptHook
bah! lies!

You are just jealous!!!!

Captain Snooker!tongue.gif :w:

haydug

#38 Post by haydug »

Just finished upgrading to the 400ex airboot. Whoever thought that was a "throw in" job, must have been drunk. It's not that bad of a job, but some cutting of the airbox was in order. The tube itself is alot larger and straighter, so I think more air will flow. As for the filter, I went with the Pro-Design setup and it is about twice the size of the stocker.
My airbox is also raised for the LT rear suspension. I ended up mounting the box at a slight angle to help with this new tube placement. I'm very happy with the results.

CptHook

#39 Post by CptHook »

Very cool, let us know how much more power she puts out.

haydug

Nerf Bar install

#40 Post by haydug »

I chose to use Pro-Armor products on this bike. I am very pleased with the quality of this product. I have already installed their front bumper, without even a hitch. Bolted right up, all holes aligned properly. Very sturdy!
Now onto the nerfs. Everything came nicely packaged: