The build

haydug

#41 Post by haydug »

Step 2: remove all stock products, and pitch them aside. Be sure to keep all of your factory bolts however, you never know when you can re-use them. In this case, you had to re-use the peg bolts.

haydug

#42 Post by haydug »

Here is the new a-arm bolt included with this kit. They have a unique way of mounting the nerf bar to the frame. The bar itself has a bracket that mounts to the lower rear a-arm frame bracket, therefore taking a new longer a-arm bolt. Just pop out the stocker, and replace with this new bolt. Use plenty of grease on the bolt before inserting it through the arm.

haydug

#43 Post by haydug »

Now, bolt on the new "peg" brackets with the kit, notice I use "red" loctite on the bolts, to insure that they do not fall off on my somewhere. These mounted up very easily, again all bolt holes are aligning very nicely on these nerf bars(something I can not say the same for on some other brands).

haydug

#44 Post by haydug »

Here is a little trick that I do: put grease inside of the nerf bar tube, where they slide together, and where they slide onto the new "peg" bracket. You can also use never-seize, but I had water proof grease handy. This should ensure they come apart easily if you ever need to remove them again.

haydug

#45 Post by haydug »

After the nerf is slid into place, now is the time to bolt on the new steel pegs. These are nice, as you can replace them when the teeth wear down, instead of replacing the whole nerf bar. Notice the different side-by-side with the stocker.

haydug

#46 Post by haydug »

One last step, go through and tighten all the bolts, and double check everything at least once. The fit and finish of these nerf bars has impressed me today. I will recommend them now to anyone. Very sturdy built, super nice welds. The only drilling I had to do was run a drill bit through the pegs and brackets, they were about 1/8 of a hole off, so rather than beat the bolt through, I just ran a drill through and cleaned it up.

Overall rating: A

Cannondale88

#47 Post by Cannondale88 »

Ive seen this thing in person...It looks mighty good...although it was covered in mud :head: ...lol Hope u thumb gets better Dug...congrats on the build.

DMS

#48 Post by DMS »

Gotta say, your ride is coming together very well.:clap:

stanrich

#49 Post by stanrich »

How is your thumb?

haydug

#50 Post by haydug »

Originally posted by stanrich
How is your thumb?

Check it out here :cry: