YFZ Lonestar/Durablue Hubs and Ice Tires

cannondale27

YFZ Lonestar/Durablue Hubs and Ice Tires

#1 Post by cannondale27 »

Well Ice is good and Dale isnt ready so I had to put my Honda pattern hubs on YFZ.Start this out with pic of thing and dog since seems to be popular lately.I am not racing YFZ so its at stock hieght no swaybar.Just having fun on lake.

Here are front Lonestar Hubs.They have Honda/Cannondale pattern.I would recommend picking up a seal for the rear of these.Stock Yamaha has them.Not mandatory since it is a sealed bearing.Fit was great and must be better bearings cause they turn better.Also like the speedwheelstuds.They have a extra bit of metal to start the nut on.Cost was a bit high but better than getting all new rims and such.

The rear hubs are Durablue.They arent real pretty but they fit great and have steel inserts which have splines in them.Ran a set on my R for years and they hold up very well.Cheap $.

Check out frt tires and rims.Right off 03 Cannondale.Will add a little width in front since they have about a 1/2 in.more offset.
Lots of ice screws.Kind of heavy though.After a few feet all the surface rust comes right off screws.

Here is rear tire.Normally I never even set them on concrete and put tire on on the ice to keep them sharp.These are about 6years old.Never lost a screw.1in screws and they hold air very well.

Wistech I am ready for some fun!Sled will stay home since not registered and trailer hub is shot.:cry: Will bring it next time.
Going to see how just running airbox lid works as far as jetting.Otherwise I will be kneeling on the cold ice covered in gas changing jets!Cant wait for dale to be done again.

cannondale27

#2 Post by cannondale27 »

The old days of just a mainjet change in 2smokes for winter riding are over with the YFZ.I got the topend running right with change from 168main to a 172main.Will keep you informed of where my needle ends up.Didnt mess with it yet but definitly needs a change there also.Probably go up on pilot also.