CBR600RR Info Needed

badvox

CBR600RR Info Needed

#1 Post by badvox »

Hey guys,

I know there are some street freaks here to. A guy at work is having issues with his new CBR and the dealer is not being responsive. Heres the scoop.

Bought the beast and has had issues with the front suspension.
Since hes had it he has always felt there was something wrong but dealer did nothing. About 2 weeks ago for no reason according to him and the witnesses the bike front end washed out and put him to the pavement.

This is an experienced rider that was going below the speed limit on a well known road out here at about 30 MPH. They combed the streets and there was just no reason for it.

So, question is if the dealer wont do anything about the front end what should he do? Who could he take it to? Does anyone know anything about the front end on the CBR600RR

Any suggestions would be welcomed.

Thanks
Mike

r.porter

#2 Post by r.porter »

Not sure this is his problem , but I had a front spring break. It acted just like you describe, the front end collapsed and down I went. Did not know what happen until after taking the forks apart and saw the broken spring.

J. Delaney

#3 Post by J. Delaney »

Have him pull the forks out and send them to www.gpsuspension.com

Dave Hodges is one of the top suspension guys on the west coast.

Also, what was the tire pressue?

badvox

#4 Post by badvox »

Originally posted by r.porter
Not sure this is his problem , but I had a front spring break. It acted just like you describe, the front end collapsed and down I went. Did not know what happen until after taking the forks apart and saw the broken spring.

Hey this is exactly what he says happened. He also said looking at it sitting there it looks just fine. Its a once in a while thing. I mean he rode the darn thing home after it went down.

I will pass on this info. Thanks a bunch!!

badvox

#5 Post by badvox »

Originally posted by J. Delaney
Have him pull the forks out and send them to www.gpsuspension.com

Dave Hodges is one of the top suspension guys on the west coast.

Also, what was the tire pressue?

Excellent info thanks so very much J.