LLy 45o w/ porting and CP piston dyno runs

Sandstorm

#1 Post by Sandstorm »

azcannon

#2 Post by azcannon »

48 HP with porting and piston from 35 doesnt seem like a lot for the "promise" we heard earlier of 50 + HP stock . YES I know its a huge overall gain but can't we get the same thing from a 1500.00 cannibal without the with less parts ?

Sandstorm

#3 Post by Sandstorm »

QUOTE (azcannon @ Apr 17 2006, 08:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
48 HP with porting and piston from 35 doesnt seem like a lot for the "promise" we heard earlier of 50 + HP stock . YES I know its a huge overall gain but can't we get the same thing from a 1500.00 cannibal without the with less parts ?

KBR's dyno is real stingy.. It reads at least 5hp lower then some other dyno's that have dyno'd an LT450 stock all corked up.. So though 48 may not seem high our Athena only put out just over 41 but I'm still waiting for a big bore Dale to take it down and it hasn't happend.. I'd like to put the Yoshi and Athena up agaisnt this LT450 since it is a local quad just to see how it performs in the real world.. Not saying ours are faster but just to see the mother earth results..

cannondale27

#4 Post by cannondale27 »

Hey Sandstorm it sure looked like your dale beat that Yoshi in the vids you posted before.Or was it the Athena?Remember the ones where you were bouncing around and came from behind to beat it?

Sandstorm

#5 Post by Sandstorm »

QUOTE (cannondale27 @ Apr 18 2006, 05:36 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hey Sandstorm it sure looked like your dale beat that Yoshi in the vids you posted before.Or was it the Athena?Remember the ones where you were bouncing around and came from behind to beat it?

Well Buddah weighs around 35lbs more then I do.. In sand thats a huge advantage... Buddah never raced my quad and me on the Athena or Yoshi to see how that would actually turn out. He gears his machines for his weight and I do for mine so switching quads causes gearing and weight problems.. He could only pull Olds Ant Hill in 3rd w/ 21" tires onn either Suzy and I was doing it in 4th at redline.. Ditton for the Athena.. He was in third tapped I was in fourth tapped.. THe Yoshi and Athena run waay different gearing then each other because one runs the 21" paddles and the other 20" paddles.. Deanna doesn't like 21" tall tires becasue they are hard to turn for her and make the quad more tippy..The Athena runs stock 14-40 and the Yoshi 13-43.. Deanna runs the Valley side of Sand Mtn in third pinned and so do I. I am gonna drop two on the rear and she will run the valley in 4th pinned.. Our sand has been so wet we haven't had the chance to race the three quads at all in Utah..

Buddah77

#6 Post by Buddah77 »

QUOTE (Sandstorm @ Apr 18 2006, 06:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well Buddah weighs around 35lbs more then I do.. In sand thats a huge advantage... Buddah never raced my quad and me on the Athena or Yoshi to see how that would actually turn out. He gears his machines for his weight and I do for mine so switching quads causes gearing and weight problems.. He could only pull Olds Ant Hill in 3rd w/ 21" tires onn either Suzy and I was doing it in 4th at redline.. Ditton for the Athena.. He was in third tapped I was in fourth tapped.. THe Yoshi and Athena run waay different gearing then each other because one runs the 21" paddles and the other 20" paddles.. Deanna doesn't like 21" tall tires becasue they are hard to turn for her and make the quad more tippy..The Athena runs stock 14-40 and the Yoshi 13-43.. Deanna runs the Valley side of Sand Mtn in third pinned and so do I. I am gonna drop two on the rear and she will run the valley in 4th pinned.. Our sand has been so wet we haven't had the chance to race the three quads at all in Utah..

After all these Dyno runs we did it really hasn't proven a thing to me in the real world. Yes the 478 Dale has good torque, nice spread of power, and showed higher HP numbers on the Dyno than the Athena and Yoshi. If you ride them back to back, the Athena 434 performs the strongest and the motor hits the hardest. Wish I never sold the darn thing rolleyes.gif . The power is almost two stroke type, it revs so quick. On the hill, that means everything. It will still outrun the big 478 Dale and Yoshi 450.

cannondale27

#7 Post by cannondale27 »

I think when sandstorm gets a longer swingarm he is gonna kick the Athenas butt.Watching that race you guys did it was obvious to me the Dale had more.Just didnt get it to the ground like the Suzuki yet sandstorm still came from behind to win.

Buddah77

#8 Post by Buddah77 »

QUOTE (cannondale27 @ Apr 22 2006, 07:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think when sandstorm gets a longer swingarm he is gonna kick the Athenas butt.Watching that race you guys did it was obvious to me the Dale had more.Just didnt get it to the ground like the Suzuki yet sandstorm still came from behind to win.

Won't really need the longer swingarm on our hill as it's not as steep towards the top like China wall. We could not keep the front end down on the Athena up Olds or China Wall. Still think the little 434 is gonna outrun the big Dale. Motor doesn't rev near as quick. I rode them back to back and the difference is very noticeable. We'll have to wait and see.

cannondale27

#9 Post by cannondale27 »

He needed the longer swingarm at the start not at the top.The Suzuki was nice and smooth and the dale was bouncing all over the place once it was under control it pulled big time.

Sandstorm

#10 Post by Sandstorm »

QUOTE (cannondale27 @ Apr 23 2006, 05:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
He needed the longer swingarm at the start not at the top.The Suzuki was nice and smooth and the dale was bouncing all over the place once it was under control it pulled big time.

My quad was wanting to flip over in the whoops. I was doing throttle control.. This coming weekend all the machines will be out in full force on dry sand for the first time... Our buddy just got an 06 450r and had DAB port it.. DAB told me though the 06 will not run like the 04 or 05's when ported.. I will have the helmet cam!!!