YFZ is gone.

cannondale27

#1 Post by cannondale27 »

Well good opportunity came along of a guy whos kid wanted to race quads and he traded me even up for this thing biggrin.gif 900mi full warantee.Rode it tonight a little.Is NOT very fast.70mph fairly easy after that it struggles to hit 80mph.But suspension is unreal!Feels like a quad except sits too high.Needs to have ZPS.Jumped the driveway which is about 10ft wide and had it about 4ft in air and it handled the landing very nicely.Engine braking is something I will have to get used to though it is extreme on this.Speaking of motor I have not found it yet.Its packed in there somewhere.500cc 2cyl 4st fuel injected.Sounds like a single though.Not the sweet scream of a triple 2st or 4cyl 4st.Going to take a bit to get used to but in very least will be a blast for ditchbanging and I will have two Dale Quads this year so no need for YFZ.

J. Delaney

#2 Post by J. Delaney »

You should have Timbo machine some knuckles to fit the front end of that thing! Put some knobbies on that thing! Bring it out to the dunes and see what it will do.

Mjollnir

#3 Post by Mjollnir »

QUOTE (J. Delaney @ Feb 11 2007, 05:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You should have Timbo machine some knuckles to fit the front end of that thing! Put some knobbies on that thing! Bring it out to the dunes and see what it will do.

That would be interesting!

aroracer72

#4 Post by aroracer72 »

Yeah those arnt made for top speed...theyre aiming at the MX scene with the phazers(unless you get teh bigger tripples..those have AWESOME power and got your desire of top end. But these they were shooting for lightest and most manueverable four stroke out there. It gets to 50/60 pretty darn fast then kinda dies down like yah said.
Chad

cannondale27

#5 Post by cannondale27 »

Yup I am really liking it though.I find myself looking for jumps.Normally avoid them.On tight twisty trail and ditchbanging near house it is just unreal!Myregular sled is fun but this is like a bring the kid out in you fun.Wife really likes to ride it also.Thats a good thing where SRX scared her too much.Now in quad world this would be considered BIG in snowmabile world it is small.Was riding with my brother and his DS650 and going from that to sled feel is almost identical.

haydug

#6 Post by haydug »

I need to make a trip North and try this thing out!

cannondale27

#7 Post by cannondale27 »

I dont think so.It only sits in garage remember?

haydug

#8 Post by haydug »

QUOTE (cannondale27 @ Feb 14 2007, 09:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I dont think so.It only sits in garage remember?

It won't the day I'm there! blink.gif Maybe wanablaze could come to.

wanablaze

#9 Post by wanablaze »

If I can fit both sleds on the trailer, maybe we could figure something out. Maybe set something up this weekend.

cannondale27

#10 Post by cannondale27 »

You know this sounds like a plan.Weekend after dealer show.We could all meet in Ohio and head towards PA on sleds.Wannablaze where we rode last year up by cottage they only have 3inches of snow.UP is alright in limited area.Snow is mostly to south this year with Timbo's area being about best this side of Missisippi.If we all could meet halfway it would be doable for a weekend for sure.Never rode in any of these areas but sure would like too.Timbo and I were discussing bringing sleds to dealer show it would easily be possible to ride from there to PA but my wife would kill me since I wouldnt get back till who knows when and cant burn vacation from work.So tempting though.