``` I've lost my mind!! ```

Sand_Blaster

#21 Post by Sand_Blaster »

All my Banshee will see is the dunes/gravel road which I'll try for the first time Tuesday.
example: http://img66.imageshack.us/img66/9174/sany0297fl4.jpg

smile.gif

jesshamner

#22 Post by jesshamner »

That looks great SandBlaster. Sounds like the banshee is a good fit for you then. Have fun on it.

27, I am sorry sir, if I offended you in some way. Also, it is possible that I have interpreted your latest reply in a manner in which you did not intend. I took it as negative any it is a possibility that you are keeping the light hearted theme to which I have referred in the following statements.

I was only stating my opinion to which I am entitled. Sir, opinions and attitudes are two totally different things. I honestly thought that this was a light hearted discussion without attitude. I simply stated that I would not own a banshee because I do not like wide open fire roads and I don't have any sand dunes near me to warrant owning a banshee. I ride tight cross country style trails because that terrain is what excites and thrills me the most. Furthermore, I have chosen a better suited quad for those duties. The one comment that could have been taken negatively, "Nothing wrong with my throttle hand...except that it gets bored staying in one position," was intended to be light hearted and was restating only what I had previously stated in the above replies: Wide open trails are not a challenge and challengine myself is what I like to do. Again, forgive me sir if I have somehow upset you.

Happyboy

#23 Post by Happyboy »

good lord people....

nice banshee....if we get together I will just bring ear plugs. Ever get lined up behind one? ZOMG,,,,,the pain!! smile.gif But, most of the banshees i see are drag setups. Dang open pipes. I do like the power hit they have though, its crazy strong.

MX Quad Dad

#24 Post by MX Quad Dad »

I know this is an old thread, but I couldn't resist commenting on it.

Back in "99" my son bought a new Banshee, When I took it for a ride and felt the hit it had, I relised (sp?) why they were so popular.

He began racing MX and we decided to try and give this thing more low end. so we uped the compression and put a single carb on it.
We went with a BO's Banshee mainifold. and later we put a set ot T-5 Toomey's. This thing has more lowend than a 250r we owned
which was bored 80 over, ported and had a lowend FMF pipe on it. One thing I hate to admit is, that this thing will still outrun his Moto

One thing I found was most people put to big of a carb on them when the put a single carb on them. I would have to check to be sure
but I belive we used a 32mm Air Striker.

Sand_Blaster

#25 Post by Sand_Blaster »

Yeah my goals for this thing is to get a good set of pipes , filter and the single carb or it, and most likely lighten the flywheel. But first its gotta get a cool head for it, the sucker over heats alot.

kdeal

#26 Post by kdeal »

Remeber that lightening the flywheel will give quicker acceleration but will kill even more any low speed drivability. The single carb and two into one pipe work good for lower speeds as well.

speedracer

#27 Post by speedracer »

QUOTE (Sand_Blaster @ Sep 3 2007, 06:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeah my goals for this thing is to get a good set of pipes , filter and the single carb or it, and most likely lighten the flywheel. But first its gotta get a cool head for it, the sucker over heats alot.

Yea Banshees are fun to ride at half throtle or more.A two into one is good for bottom but you lose top.Get some bigger carbs clamp on filters and some porting your good to go.I have a Banshee engine and a dale roller who can make it fit? Its doesnt look to involved...may be exhaust issues?

Speed 1B

#28 Post by Speed 1B »

Banshees have unlimited potential and that makes that class really hard to win at the drag races because whoever has the most money will mostly win. The smaller classes depend much more on chasis set-up and rider ability....to an extent.

Sand_Blaster

#29 Post by Sand_Blaster »

Its kind of mind blowing how a modified Banshee compares to my stock Banshee. Like one that has pipes and filter, I got destroyed by one on one of my many drag race's at the dunes lol. I did beat a piped Predator not by much but I was happy.

Oh well once I finish my Dale theirs not much that will take me smile.gif