not a dale, but fuel injected!

cdalerider75

#11 Post by cdalerider75 »

Very nice doug... is this your first jeep project??? The wife and I picked up a 98 Jeep Cherokee which one day will be converted to our off road machine.

good luck on the project!!!

haydug

#12 Post by haydug »

I have built a few of them, but none to this extreme. The last V-8 I did was about 5 years ago, starting with a 97. It turned out almost as nice as this jeep, but burned to the ground. My first insurance lesson, 9 months and $25,000 later, I had never titled the jeep therefore no insurance! (What a dumbass!!)

I hurt my back 3 years ago, and got back into it. My last jeep was a 99 4.0 with RE LA kit, and rubicon axles. It was great, lots of fun. I can't wait to get this on the trail. Wanablaze just left this evening, and cost me alittle more money after working on it! Thanks Josh!

wanablaze

#13 Post by wanablaze »

Huh?

huh.gif

haydug

#14 Post by haydug »

QUOTE (wanablaze @ Jun 1 2008, 10:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Huh?

huh.gif

You'll get a kick out of this: Bought a new MAF, went to plug it in, and noticed the jeep MAF was purple inside, new one was black, then looked at the harness again, purple plug. SO: got a small needle nose pliers, and pulled out the purple piece from the MAF, and low and behold, I had the correct one all along.
Got the starter deal figured out also. The factory jeep ground cable from the batter was not large enough, I ran new 2 gauge wire from the negative post to the block, block to frame, frame to body, and now it spins just fine. Thanks alot for the help, I know you had better things to be doing than messing with my jeep. Next time down, maybe we'll go try to pop a wheelie in it. blink.gif

wanablaze

#15 Post by wanablaze »

QUOTE (haydug @ Jun 2 2008, 07:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You'll get a kick out of this: Bought a new MAF, went to plug it in, and noticed the jeep MAF was purple inside, new one was black, then looked at the harness again, purple plug. SO: got a small needle nose pliers, and pulled out the purple piece from the MAF, and low and behold, I had the correct one all along.
Got the starter deal figured out also. The factory jeep ground cable from the batter was not large enough, I ran new 2 gauge wire from the negative post to the block, block to frame, frame to body, and now it spins just fine. Thanks alot for the help, I know you had better things to be doing than messing with my jeep. Next time down, maybe we'll go try to pop a wheelie in it. blink.gif

Ha ha. Just glad you got it figured out. I was a bit out of it as I hadn't slept, but next time I'll come down a day early and help ya out. You misssed a pretty good ride. I'll be giving you a call sometime this week.

jinx44

#16 Post by jinx44 »

Awesome. A friend has a TJ that he has been thinking of doing an LS1 in. Like you, he has been hoping to find a good deal on an aluminum LS2 as well.