Couple cool videos

Speed 1B

#1 Post by Speed 1B »

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Qe_mS_ucYCM&feature=related

The concept is insane but it looks like it handles pretty poorly.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ff45P1oeEq8

This one is just plain cool.

wistech

#2 Post by wistech »

The car quad must be the peak of stupid ideas. The whole time I was waiting for a car to come around the corner and see if that dude could make it all the way through the windshield.
The trials bike guys are just plain amazing.
The vids of the wwf chicks on the menu is way better wink.gif

UpsMan

#3 Post by UpsMan »

That first video, the thing is way too heavy(looks like it anyway) to not have a roll bar. If you tip that thing over, you are going to die. What is it anyway, and what was the purpose of it? It appears to be a really cool golf cart, thats about it. If I had a vehicle like that, I think I would put a roll bar on it and then get crazy. The guy in the video was pretty stoked about driving around on black top...........whooooo hooooo. That was funny.

jinx44

#4 Post by jinx44 »

QUOTE (UpsMan @ Mar 15 2008, 03:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That first video, the thing is way too heavy(looks like it anyway) to not have a roll bar. If you tip that thing over, you are going to die. What is it anyway, and what was the purpose of it? It appears to be a really cool golf cart, thats about it. If I had a vehicle like that, I think I would put a roll bar on it and then get crazy. The guy in the video was pretty stoked about driving around on black top...........whooooo hooooo. That was funny.

It was a project built by subaru as an AWD ATV. No real purpose other than to show they can build one and see if there would be any interest. It failed.

Trials riders are awesome.

wistech

#5 Post by wistech »

The whole point of riding on top of the vehicle is to use your body weight to great effect in handling and steering. (bike ,quad) This only works when the rider is a large portion of the wieght. That pile must wiegh a ton. Make it so the driver rides it like a car and then it would a cool little car. but there are plenty of those. LOL

Nickc711

#6 Post by Nickc711 »

QUOTE (Wistech @ Mar 15 2008, 12:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The whole point of riding on top of the vehicle is to use your body weight to great effect in handling and steering. (bike ,quad) This only works when the rider is a large portion of the wieght. That pile must wiegh a ton. Make it so the driver rides it like a car and then it would a cool little car. but there are plenty of those. LOL

i have to agree .....

UpsMan

#7 Post by UpsMan »

I saw my wife do a trick like those trials guys are doing in that second video. When she was learning to ride a dirt bike, she kept killing it when she'd let the clutch out. I yelled at her to quit being a ***** and give it some gas for cripes sakes. Next thing you know she was riding a wheelie into the side of the house. When she hit the house, it climbed up the house about 12 to 18 inches before she fell over. It was ugly. I think I have a picture of the tire marks on the house here somewhere I'll try to find. I wouldn't have thought it was possible if I hadn't seen it. Those trials guys really are amazing.

Nickc711

#8 Post by Nickc711 »

at least it was not a car w/ a manual transmission

UpsMan

#9 Post by UpsMan »

Very good point.

cannondale27

#10 Post by cannondale27 »

My Kid hit the house 3 times learning to ride bike and some bushes,trees........ laugh.gif