KTM 525

Dachshund

#1 Post by Dachshund »

I know a couple of y'all have been salivating over them so, thought I would post this heck of deal that just popped up. Not sure where he is, as he listed it on several places from HI to MA http://huntsville.craigslist.org/rvs/787086368.html

EDIT: WARNING, see below, the email I received from him. SCAM written all over it.

thedeatons

#2 Post by thedeatons »

A 49hp monster that a ported 432 could take out in a straight line.... LOL....

They are nice though, they obviously need some money dumped into them if you want to make more power.

cannondale27

#3 Post by cannondale27 »

Thing to understand is they are not the same "type" of motor we have. The KTM motor is capable of 50 easy hp and 70 hp with extreme mods but it isn't reliable beyond 9500rpm. Nothing wrong with that it's just a different annimal. The new motor they have out I don't know much about but should be a screamer like ours.

jinx44

#4 Post by jinx44 »

QUOTE (Dachshund @ Aug 7 2008, 09:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Not sure where he is, as he listed it on several places from HI to MA

Its a scam.

thedeatons

#5 Post by thedeatons »

Yah, I understand they are different. It's just funny being in the some dyno garage as a guy who just paid $9800 for his quad, and my out of business Cannondale 432 that I found on craigslist for $1500 matches it hp for hp... LOL

To its credit the 525 had much higher torque readings, I wish I could remember the number. I like hp at high revs for duning though.

cannondale27

#6 Post by cannondale27 »

You dont give yourself enough credit and many dont.Do you know how easy it is to get that $ from a bank?Remember how easy it is to call up any of thousands of aftermarket companies including the factory to order any part you can dream of in 5 min?Remember how it was to enter a race and actually have your brand listed instead of Unknown?How about a warrantee?How about not having to think about the motor for a good year or two?How many hours do you have in Cannondales whether here or working on them?Time is $.Like has been said before.You earn a Cannondale never just buy one.Not everyone can or should take on the adventure.

Dachshund

#7 Post by Dachshund »

QUOTE (jinx44 @ Aug 7 2008, 06:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Its a scam.

You are 100% correct. I sent an email, asking where he was located and this was the reply:

"Hi my name is James,

Thank you for contacting me for 08 KTM 525 XC ATV. This ATV is in an excellent working condition, 525 cc engines, no scratches or any kind of damage. I sell them at this price because in the past few months we've tried to develop a family business but unfortunately the things didn't work the way we've expected and now I really need cash because I am at one step from losing my market, so I've decided to sell this jet ski's. The final price that I want for the ATV is $ 4,800 including shipping.

Please contact me only at e-mail because I am working on a drilling rig in the Gulf of Mexico and my phone has no service because we are 100 miles out and we don't have 24 Hr. access to the rig phones.

Get back to me and let me know if you really wish to buy it so we can discuss more about this deal."

thedeatons

#8 Post by thedeatons »

Thanks Steve..... I feel like I earn it more every day.... LOLOLOLOLOL

I'm surprised he didn't ask for a Western union. Dishonest people suck.

UpsMan

#9 Post by UpsMan »

I just got my 525 KTM motor. It came inside of a polaris outlaw. It has lots of torque. Jetting from factory sucks. They have to make the EPA happy I guess. I'll be fixing that soon.

peterock

#10 Post by peterock »

Roger ??????