2008 Polaris Outlaw 525

UpsMan

#11 Post by UpsMan »

QUOTE (jacobw @ Dec 4 2008, 07:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I am looking at purchasing a 2009 outlaw mxr 450

The 09's are better than the 08's for sure.

UpsMan

#12 Post by UpsMan »

OK, I rode the outlaw in the snow today. That IRS is great. It ran great too. 15 degrees out. I guess I'm rich somewhere when it is warm out, becuase it runs kind of lousy then. Suddenly I like this quad. I have to go back out and ride some more. Later.

kdeal

#13 Post by kdeal »

Roger,

Get me the specs on the torx screws for the bodywork and I'll send you some SS ones with a more conventional head type. From what I remember, 1/2 of the quad is standard bolts the other half is metric. They are probably M6 x1.0 pitch, if so get me a length.

Ken

UpsMan

#14 Post by UpsMan »

Yes, they are M6 x 1.0 pitch. Thanks for the offer, but I'll hold off doing anything with those fasteners until later when I know exactly what I need. I'm going to modify a few things so I can remove the plastic with one tool hopefully.
I did some more riding in the snow. I am amazed at how much this will go through. That IRS is incredible. I am now looking forward to the XC season even more than I was before.

dalewannbe

#15 Post by dalewannbe »

So its safe to say you are liking the Outlaw 525?

UpsMan

#16 Post by UpsMan »

I like it for playing and riding in the snow. It is way funner than a straight axle quad for sure. I am sure I'm going to like it in the woods too.

MX Quad Dad

#17 Post by MX Quad Dad »

I've never riden the outlaw. I would guess it would be better than the utillty quads. but I don't like the body roll when cornering on the big quads.

aroracer72

#18 Post by aroracer72 »

Just when it comes to tuning...do what i have done with every four stroke i have owned.........Install an O2 sensor. My quads always run perfect and its great peace of mind when your tapped at a 90 footer....... I weld my bungs on as far forward as possible. The best place ive found is the mid pipe some were along the swingarm pivot bolt. Then all you have to do is get a gauge, wire it in to a hot wire in your harness........then the sensor and bam you got all the knowledge you need to get your baby running and purring like a kitten.
Chad

UpsMan

#19 Post by UpsMan »

Update. I've raced several xc races and wasn't really too thrilled. The IRS is great for rocks and mud. I felt slow on it and didn't have very good finishes, although it ran good and reliable, good power. I put on a steering dampner, and it feels like a whole new quad! I won my last race with it, although it was only a 40 minute race, and it was a lot more open than the normal courses are. The steering dampner made a heck of a difference. I'm looking forward to the next few races. If I don't get faster or feel better, this machine is going bye bye.

Also, I lowered the needle one groove and installed a leak jet and it runs lots better.

cannondale27

#20 Post by cannondale27 »

Awesome! Do the outlaws have the Polaris steering with the links? I heard they got rid of that. I always thought it worked real well on the old Outlaws. No bumpsteer.