LTZ engine cases

CdalerGermany

#1 Post by CdalerGermany »

Hey Guys ,

i have a 04 LTZ 400 with a damaged engine .
Forgot to get a stronger crank when i did all the tuning .

Of course i have to pay for it now mad.gif
My crank came straight through my engine cases some month ago .
I????m looking quit a while to get a pair of cases , but no success so far .
My Cdale and Suzuki are both street legal and i don????t have a car .
The last thing i want is to destroy my cdale with the everyday use .

If anyone of you know someone who will sell cases PLEASE let me know unsure.gif
The only one who is selling those from time to time is "PartsNewAndUsed" on ebay , but i never got a reply when i ask for shipping price .

Thanks ,
Marcus

cannondale27

#2 Post by cannondale27 »

Try contacting Derno here.He always ran the LTZ's.

thedeatons

#3 Post by thedeatons »

You could try the exriders.com forum, or Nor-CalATV.com forum. Thumpertalk.com has a Z400 forum, as does Suzuki Central.

Crazie

#4 Post by Crazie »

Suzuki Central is probably the best bet on finding some. Most people I've seen usually sell the whole motor.

You could try here also... http://partsfinder.onlinemicrofiche.com/cy...p;A=130&B=9

Scratch that. If you go to cycle-parts.com with the part numbers, it's much cheaper....you can get the part numbers from the above link, by adding a quantity of one to your cart...then copy/paste the part number into the search on cycle-parts.com website. I took most of the work out for you though.

http://www.cycle-parts.com/cart.asp

Just thinking now that the link I gave might be cached on my computer. Here's the part numbers...

11341-07G01 COVER,CLUTCH
11351-07G00 COVER,MAGNETO

MX Quad Dad

#5 Post by MX Quad Dad »

that sucks, When my son lost the crank in the banshee it was on a downhill double. took out both cylinders and cases. after it happened it seemed like everyone knew I should have had a welded crank but me.

Michigan dealers wanted over $800 for the new cases. YSA (yamaha, suzuki of arizona) sold new cases for $385 of coarse that was 8 years ago

CdalerGermany

#6 Post by CdalerGermany »

QUOTE (MX Quad Dad @ Dec 10 2008, 01:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
that sucks, When my son lost the crank in the banshee it was on a downhill double. took out both cylinders and cases. after it happened it seemed like everyone knew I should have had a welded crank but me.

Michigan dealers wanted over $800 for the new cases. YSA (yamaha, suzuki of arizona) sold new cases for $385 of coarse that was 8 years ago

Wow !

385 for a new set !! I would buy it right away if i could get now a set for the same price .
There is a set on ebay at the moment , 4 days to go and current bid is 205 $ .
Still hope that the seller will give me a shipping price .

All i need then when i have cases is a nice 465cc kit with hotcams . I know my LTZ is just a 04 but i have soo many nice aftermaket stuff on it , soo i can????t let her go unsure.gif

And it????s much better for everyday use since the LTZ is much more quit (even with open airfilter) .
I can tell you i????m sweating my a.. off everytime the cops standing next to my cdale in the traffic wacko.gif
It????s soooo nice the dale , but sooo loud laugh.gif

Crazie

#7 Post by Crazie »

Here you go! Give them a call or e-mail and find out if they do international shipping. Heck, at that price, even if they don't, you can find someone who will ship it for you.

Never mind, got that for you....straight from their website:

Does Cycle-Parts.com ship internationally and to APO's?

Yes. We ship to international, APO, Alaska, and Hawaii addresses. Orders may be shipped by USPS, DHL, or FedEx at the customer's preference. FedEx is available only to international addresses and only when the customer provides a FedEx billing account number.

When placing your order online, choose the gound shipping option, not UPS 2 Day. You may request expedited shipping options in the Delivery Note section at checkout. After you complete your order, we will email you with the estimated additional shipping and handling cost. This email will contain instructions on how to proceed with your order if the additional shipping and handling charges are acceptable. We will not actually charge you for the additional shipping and handling until the parts ship and will only charge you for the actual shipping cost plus handling not the estimate. If the actual shipping charges exceed the original estimate we will notify you before shipping the parts.

For some Honda and Harley parts, our distributors do not ship parts directly to our international or APO customers. Therefore, the shipping charge reflected when you place your order online is the shipping charge to get the parts from our distributor to us. The shipping and handling estimate we email you is the charge to repackage and securely pack the parts and to get the parts from us to you.

Please email us at questions@cycle-parts.com if you need further assistance with an international or APO order.

CdalerGermany

#8 Post by CdalerGermany »

@Crazie

thanks a lot for your help , but i think i didn????t wrote it clearly enough .
What i need is a crankcase set , thats priced with 630 $ in this shop .

My crank just broke in pieces and it came out right betwe

Crazie

#9 Post by Crazie »

Ahh...I see. I was thinking you only needed the covers. If I come across one I'll let you know.

MX Quad Dad

#10 Post by MX Quad Dad »

QUOTE (CdalerGermany @ Dec 10 2008, 02:24 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
. I know my LTZ is just a 04 but i have soo many nice aftermaket stuff on it , soo i can????t let her go unsure.gif

I know how you feel. My son's 99 Banshee has some goodies on it. we've been talking about returning it to stock and selling it. Probubly keep all the aftermarkit stuff incase he want to build another one later. its a lot of fun to ride but it hasn't come out of the shed for about a year now