2 Stroke Fuel Injection?

Kuma

#1 Post by Kuma »

Does anyone know is it is possible to adapt our fuel injection systems for a 2 stroke motor? I imagine you would need a custom flywheel, setup for a 12 volt system w/ battery, fuel pump, ect.
Can it be done and how difficult.

mydreamride

#2 Post by mydreamride »

maybe look at how the snowmobile fuel injection work becaue I know some of the first FI sleds didn't use a battery. Might even be able to use the snowmobile system (TB's, ecu, harness, etc.)

wistech

#3 Post by wistech »

it should work with a custom tone ring on the flywheel. Do you want the ugnition as well? The mc1000 cuts spark to only the compresion stroke so if thats the case then you might need a mc500 and remove the cam sensor ciruit.

wayneschofield

#4 Post by wayneschofield »

MC1000 should work, even without flywheel change.

Without a cam sensor the ECU doesn't know what phase it's on so it fires every turn, ie wasted spark, which is what you want on a two-stroker.

I've never checked the MC500 but, since it has a phase sensor and therefore should know what phase it's on it could be that it fires only on the firing stroke, since it knows which stroke that is.

You'd need to pull a lot of timing out when the revs are up but apart from that I don't see why it wouldn't work with a MC1000.

2mike18

#5 Post by 2mike18 »

arcticat has been using batteryless FI since 1998 on its 500 and 600 2-stroke im sure by now its expanded further in their lineup on the 1999 600cc I had the first pull was enough to prime and energize the system and the 2nd pull it always started. maybe a good starting point to look at as far as no battery.

cannondale27

#6 Post by cannondale27 »

Thats what I would use. They have two accumulator valves in gas tank that hold pressure works very well and really is alot of them around. Should be cheap to buy whole setup off a wrecked one.

MC1000 fires every stroke until motor is reved to 3000rpm then it only fires on the powerstroke.

MX Quad Dad

#7 Post by MX Quad Dad »

how dose the 1000 ECU know which stroke its on???

cannondale27

#8 Post by cannondale27 »

It times the rotation of the flywheel.Power stroke is faster than the rest.

Kuma

#9 Post by Kuma »

QUOTE (cannondale27 @ Dec 21 2008, 09:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It times the rotation of the flywheel.Power stroke is faster than the rest.

What about programing options? could one bypass the part of the program that puts it into a 4 stroke ignition program?
We don't have too many sled wrecking yards around here. On the snowmobiles, do they use a reed system like the CR? Where are the injectors located?

mydreamride

#10 Post by mydreamride »

QUOTE (Kuma @ Dec 22 2008, 06:24 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What about programing options? could one bypass the part of the program that puts it into a 4 stroke ignition program?
We don't have too many sled wrecking yards around here. On the snowmobiles, do they use a reed system like the CR? Where are the injectors located?

I beleieve the injector are located in the TB just like the jap 450 quads and the reeds I don't know someone else should know.