2 Stroke Fuel Injection?

cannondale27

#11 Post by cannondale27 »

Like a newer CR.Case reeds.Injectors are in throttlebody.AC and Polaris use two injectors per cylinder.If you use MC1000 Like Wayne said if you leave the flywheel original Honda the ECU wont be able to read the speed of motor so it will stay in the fire every stroke mode.Not sure if that also means other background changes are being made but its entirely possible the MC 1000 would work.

Scooter

#12 Post by Scooter »

There are several reasons why the MC 1000 will not work. The first is the injector only fires every 720 deg of crank rotation and the spark as stated before will only fire every 360 till it revs over 3000 rpm then it will allso go into the 720 deg. Both of these are not handeled on the map side and would take extensive development. The next is you would have to use the C'Dale style fly wheel as it needs to see that particular tooth pateren to understand where it is. There are several other problems but till you get these solved you will be dead in the water. I think the best idea is to graft on one of the sled systems but if you can't program it then yo are stuck with what the sled had.

Scooter

cannondale27

#13 Post by cannondale27 »

Cool! I knew the spark thing but wasnt sure about the injectors. Thanks Scooter.

Question. I understand the system needs to know where it is once its running but if that were true on startup how come on many occasions I have started motor in less than 1/4 of a turn? What I am getting at is it seems it just requires a signal from pickup probably TDC on flywheel and it runs. All the other lobes on tone ring never come into play on startup.

Kuma

#14 Post by Kuma »

QUOTE (Scooter @ Dec 22 2008, 06:30 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
There are several reasons why the MC 1000 will not work. The first is the injector only fires every 720 deg of crank rotation and the spark as stated before will only fire every 360 till it revs over 3000 rpm then it will allso go into the 720 deg. Both of these are not handeled on the map side and would take extensive development. The next is you would have to use the C'Dale style fly wheel as it needs to see that particular tooth pateren to understand where it is. There are several other problems but till you get these solved you will be dead in the water. I think the best idea is to graft on one of the sled systems but if you can't program it then yo are stuck with what the sled had.

Scooter

Ok, what sled models should I be checking on? I need to do some research to see if they are programable without costing a small fortune.

peterock

#15 Post by peterock »

Obviously look for the ones with a power commander available so you can at least change some of the programming. if they make them for sleds????

Scooter

#16 Post by Scooter »

The motor will not fire till it has gone past the synch tooth then it will start to count till it gets to the right tooth for ignition timing. When you first turn on the ecu it delivers a priming pulse of fuel so it is possible for the motor to fire quickly if conditions are right.

2mike18

#17 Post by 2mike18 »

QUOTE (Kuma @ Dec 22 2008, 10:37 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ok, what sled models should I be checking on? I need to do some research to see if they are programable without costing a small fortune.

you should be able to find a 98,99,00 ZR,ZL 500 or 600 arcticat wrecked and get most of the parts you need reasonably cheap. like I stated earlier they are batteryless and fuel injected. being they are 2stroke one would think it shouldnt be too hard to modify it to your needs, I've thought about the same project but I never looked too far in to it too many projects as it is.