Our family's new toy...

cannondale27

#11 Post by cannondale27 »

Cool! Hey the front shock hoses should be routed around the back of the shock.

thedeatons

#12 Post by thedeatons »

Thanks Steve.... I knew the routing looked funky. I will fix that later this week. I need to get a few more matching clamps to go with them.

Gas tank pad.... LOL... I notice that when I get close to the steeriing lock the bar pad hits the tank and slows the bars down... It's a built in steering stabilizer!

Yah, all the Dale stuff is gone, even the wall banner and stuff like that. I am rebuilding an engine for someone now, and had to order an oil bridge! Used to be I had 5 extras laying around.... Times have changed I guess....

thedeatons

#13 Post by thedeatons »

Got some of my black powdercoated accessories on today. More pics to come when the shrouds are on. I also fixed the reservoir hoses (thanks Steve!). Riding it hopefully Wednesday or Thursday, when the air filter arrives.

speedracer

#14 Post by speedracer »

We will need a ride report.I have never ridden a 250r,but I liked the narrow feeling of the 87 Tecate I had,the position of your knees.Thats the one thing about Cannondales I still have not gotten use to,how wide it feels when you sit on them.I know a 250r kit would fix that,but,they are expensive! And hard to find.

Happyboy

#15 Post by Happyboy »

gratz on the new ride. 2 smokes are fun.

thedeatons

#16 Post by thedeatons »

Hey guys..... Just got back from Sand Mt. NV and a Winnemucca, NV trip. The R ran great! A few minor tweaks such as jetting and loose screws. Other than that nothing failed. I do think I need crank seals as it is eating tranny fluid and running lean even with a VERY large main jet in the carb... Just ordered those and will install them next week.

The shocks are some of the best I have ridden. Better than the Ohlins I had on the Moto and Glamis, probably just because they feel as if if they fit my weight better (160ish).

The quad is really light weight and it shows it. You can point and shoot it really easily. I found it easier to keep up in the tight stuff on it than my Dale. Much easier and less tiring. Probably a lack of weight and that Pro-Trax front end.

We ran them up some VERY steep dunes, and I was staying right beside the 45hp Dale in our group. It has an exhaust, pod filter, and Moto map. My gearing is still a bit off so I wonder what it will do when I am dialed in properly.

All in all I am very impressed, and plan to get another one in the future, when things settle in financially...

Happyboy

#17 Post by Happyboy »

sounds like fun...where are the pics at? smile.gif

man, having a set of shocks that are setup for you makes a world of difference.

cannondale27

#18 Post by cannondale27 »

James where did you end up setting the compression clicker on your fronts?May try using light oil in my Axis shocks also.

thedeatons

#19 Post by thedeatons »

Sand Mt. was tracked up really bad so I had comp and reb set very minimally. I don't like how Axis has no click stop, they just keep turning and clicking. That is my only complaint about them.

cannondale27

#20 Post by cannondale27 »

Thats why there is #'s on them.What # were you on?