Looking for a small Enduro

cannondale27

#1 Post by cannondale27 »

Thinking along the lines of anything from the old disc brake XL250 to the new TTR250 enduro or Motard. Those TTr,s were about $4000 used last year so should be less now. Got about $3000 to spend. Looks like Raptor finally is sold and I want this bike to replace it for riding with kids and a grocery getter.

ScramblerXLE

#2 Post by ScramblerXLE »

I've got a 2006 Kawasaki KLX250S. Not for sale, just letting you know that it's a really fun little bike and might be something else to consider. It's liquid-cooled. 2006 and newer are electric start, and its the same fram as the KLX 300 woods bike. Downsides: It sits high (which i don't mind b/c i wanted a dirt bike), and can be pretty finickey about starting. It runs on 87 octane just fine, but since it's a CV carb if you don't start it for 3 weeks or so, and the stuff in the bowl degrades enough that it has to crank for sometimes as long as 30s before there's enough fresh fuel back in the carb to get it running again. That's my only complaint though. It's a fun bike!

cannondale27

#3 Post by cannondale27 »

I misspoke on TTr's. It's actually the WR250R street legal version that I really want. Scrambler I need low seat hieght to be comfortable riding at low speeds. That's why I got rid of my X440s. I had no problem on track but riding single track trails especially with kids I had it on ground more than I want to admit. Will look at other Kaws though for sure. Thanks