Truck Brakes Drilled and Slotted Rotors

cannondale27

#11 Post by cannondale27 »

I am going to try a Ford next I think laugh.gif

MX Quad Dad

#12 Post by MX Quad Dad »

I would like to get that kind of milage on my brakes. I am a little hard on the brakes but it doesn't really matter, I don't remember the last set of brakes I wore out.

somewhere between 80K and 100K the pads start to seperate from the backing. I've tried everything from the cheepies to expensive. so now I just buy the lifetime warranty ones and keep taking them back.

MX Quad Dad

#13 Post by MX Quad Dad »

How are these holding up? My truck needs rotors and pads. I put the autozone rotors and pads on last time. one rear pad wore out from caliper problem but all the rotors look like ****. and braking is not good. I do carry a bit of weight for only a half ton. I have Timbren over loads with 1 1/2" spacer to make the truck sit level

cannondale27

#14 Post by cannondale27 »

They didnt last long.Rear rotors wore as fast as the pads.Chinese junk I guess.Fronts seem to be holding up fine.

MX Quad Dad

#15 Post by MX Quad Dad »

I used the cheepos from autozone and my rear rotors look real bad. on pad wore out but never hit metal to metal. both rotors have just a thin strip in the middle were its not rusted. I think they are only two years old

NRath

#16 Post by NRath »

I bought a pair of Powerslot rotors for the front of my 2wd Tacoma. They are drilled and slotted and have some kind of coating to prevent rust. They look awesome. I'm hard on brakes, but I figured with this light little truck they'd last forever, so I dropped like $200 on them. Nice Akebono pads, too. A couple years later, I'm calling crap on them. They're junk now at probably 30-40k. I believe they're hot spotted more than warped. They pulse real bad on steady brake pressure. Still look real pretty though!

I bought them for the Sequoia, also, before the Tacoma ones crapped out. But, they've only got about 6k on them. Still good there.

Bottom line, I'd look elsewhere. Maybe their cryo treated rotors would have lasted longer. But, $200 was as high as I could stomach.