Truck Brakes Drilled and Slotted Rotors

cannondale27

#1 Post by cannondale27 »

Alot of my old work buddies fish Lake Michigan most have boats over 22ft and loaded to the gills.3 of them have run these brakes after the stockers either failed or werent up to par for towing boat to and from water.I bought them on their recommendation and I am impressed.This is a great company.Great product.Less than $30 more than the cheapo brakes at auto stores.Seem to really increase stopping power noticeably vs normal solid discs and regular pads.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...e=STRK:MEWNX:IT

Dachshund

#2 Post by Dachshund »

They must not like E350's. Nothin.

cannondale27

#3 Post by cannondale27 »

To me it is a 1/2 ton problem.All the 3/4 ton and 1 ton trucks have way better brakes.You having issues?

Dachshund

#4 Post by Dachshund »

No, I just went through everything. Replaced the master cylinder, rebuilt all four calipers and stuffed em with new pads and pressure bled it all. I'm not hard on brakes. I'm only on my second set of rotors and there is 527K on the ticker. I would still be on the first set on the rear if it weren't for the problematic calipers.

BUT, I am going to need 4 new rotors next time around.

gml1998

#5 Post by gml1998 »

QUOTE (cannondale27 @ Nov 18 2009, 05:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Alot of my old work buddies fish Lake Michigan most have boats over 22ft and loaded to the gills.3 of them have run these brakes after the stockers either failed or werent up to par for towing boat to and from water.I bought them on their recommendation and I am impressed.This is a great company.Great product.Less than $30 more than the cheapo brakes at auto stores.Seem to really increase stopping power noticeably vs normal solid discs and regular pads.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...e=STRK:MEWNX:IT

I put these on the rear of my Avalanche.I bought the complete set for all 4 corners but only needed the rears .I put the fronts on the shelf until needed.Noticeable difference in braking and I haven't put them on the front yet.
Avalanche had 92000 miles when I put them on the rear ,the fronts are the original brakes and still have 20 percent pad left.I thought it was strange that the rears wore out first.

cannondale27

#6 Post by cannondale27 »

Cool I am feeling more confident in these since you like them also.Gary Reason your front wore first is the sliding pins are sticking in the front calipers and not the back.Mine only outside pad was even doing anything till I used truck then pins must have broke loose and caused failure in 1 day.They take a T55 torque allen socket pin is female get a good one SnapOn or equivalent.Buy new pins and lube with Silicone.Next time you have the rear off remove the parking brake Pad and actuator and throw them in the garbage.This was highly recommended by a Mechanic I know.Should help since the parking brake can cause alot of heat and the pad can break and lodge under the rest of pad locking up your wheel.My rears were also worse than front.Maybe we need a better adjustable proportioning valve but pins were obvious issue on mine.Remember the Tundra brakes?I want to try to get close to that.Guy who bought Tundra calls it the Viper of trucks.I wouldnt go that far but the brakes were just awesome.Equal or better than 3/4ton chevy at least.

cannondale27

#7 Post by cannondale27 »

QUOTE (Dachshund @ Nov 18 2009, 07:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No, I just went through everything. Replaced the master cylinder, rebuilt all four calipers and stuffed em with new pads and pressure bled it all. I'm not hard on brakes. I'm only on my second set of rotors and there is 527K on the ticker. I would still be on the first set on the rear if it weren't for the problematic calipers.

BUT, I am going to need 4 new rotors next time around.

Wow that is incredible!Obviously the factory did it right with that kind of mileage.I would put factory parts right back on.Not worth risking chance of getting Chinese discs from auto stores.Probably very expensive from factory though.Is hub and bearings built into disc on you F350?

MX Quad Dad

#8 Post by MX Quad Dad »

Steve, were are these rotors made at.

cannondale27

#9 Post by cannondale27 »

I dont know.All it says is a ISO 9000 foundry.I am guessing China for the price but no markings anywhere I looked.Just the machining would cost alot since I can see slots are CNCmilled.If its made here they should be bragging about it cause they are doing it right.

Dachshund

#10 Post by Dachshund »

QUOTE (cannondale27 @ Nov 18 2009, 08:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Wow that is incredible!Obviously the factory did it right with that kind of mileage.I would put factory parts right back on.Not worth risking chance of getting Chinese discs from auto stores.Probably very expensive from factory though.Is hub and bearings built into disc on you F350?

Steve, I'm talking about my work "van" E350. Front is just your good ole taper bearings like all cars used to be.

Actually the second set of rotors I'm on now came from my other totaled van(I bought back)with 102K. It still had the original set of pads and still had at least half left. So that would make it 629K on 2 sets. Not to shabby eh?