Its Snowmobile Time!

cannondale27

#1 Post by cannondale27 »

Well almost.No snow yet but they are calling for it today and tomorrow.Went and picked up sled from Aaen today.Man this exhaust is cool!Even took it for a ride in grass.I cant wait laugh.gif

http://www.ty4stroke.com/viewtopic.php?p=690930#690930

Speed 1B

#2 Post by Speed 1B »

Dont know a whole lot about snowmobiles but ive always liked the phazers. How is the engine reliability on that thing steve? I know i had a yz 250f and it was an unreliable piece of junk. All of my friends that had them all had trouble too. They just wont take the long hill climbs like the 450s.

How bout some more pics of that thing too!

cannondale27

#3 Post by cannondale27 »

8350 miles and still running original plugs.Most reliable motor I have ever had in a sled and I run it pinned all the time.12,300 rev limit the bottom end and rods use Babbit bearings just like a streetbike thats how they get reliability I believe.Suspension before mods broke every ride I took it on.Last year I modded suspension and am happy to say I didnt have to touch sled all year.Nothing.They made alot of improvements to the 08 and newer ones.Mine is a 07.First snow I will take some more pics.This is only one handy.First ride last year.

[attachment=9495:Sledding...dmas_002.jpg]

speedracer

#4 Post by speedracer »

Is that the sled with the two 250f engines joined.What an evil atv engine that would be.Whats the h.p.# on that?

cannondale27

#5 Post by cannondale27 »

Yes.5 valve head huge dual throttlebodies 74hp stock.Exhaust I just put on put it at 83hp without tuning.Duals actually only gave 3hp/77hp but it may have went lean.Just got a PCIII for it so mods begin tongue.gif

This motor BELONGS in a new Banshee!

moto440

#6 Post by moto440 »

my new beast this weekend 04 cat 800 mod race sled, should be around 160 or more hp

cant wait to try it out we need snow !!

cannondalemaine

#7 Post by cannondalemaine »

Since the new yami 4 strokes have come out ive liked them! My cousin has a apex gt which has a r1 engine in it modified to be a belt drive. Let me tell you that thing is fast!! We ride the border trails near the st. john river near canada the trails are amazing it is like riding on a highway. Can easily fit 4-5 wide, best thing about it is there is not much traffic! I have a 2005 arctic cat f6 with a couple mods and i get that thing topped out at about 110mph and he just motors by me. That thing must go at least 130, that is the full honest truth to. But in tighter trails i own him since the thing is a tank compared to mine. Anyways how do you like that phazer, i tried one and i thought it was the lightest and knimblest sled i have ever rode. As for the snow here nothing yet, its kinda wierd that it is still about 50 degrees out here.

cannondale27

#8 Post by cannondale27 »

Wow Moto those are cool sleds.What do you think about the new SnoPro 500?I drool everytime I see it in showroom.Just wish it had more motor and I had $ to buy one!Phazer is different.Not much power at anything over 60mph.Have to ride it like a dirtbike.But suspension is unreal in big bumps.Sled feels great in the air and I really like the motor other than not enough power.Cannondalemaine I ride with a Apex alot.Very fun the rush and sound that R1 motor puts out.But for speed and real fast smooth trails I will still take my SRX out and kick some Apex butt!700 electronic powervalved Triple,Aaen exhaust,rollerclutch and 1 1/4 track with 144 studs.Handles like a slot car unless bumps are involved.[attachment=9508:SRX_and_Phazer.jpg]

cannondalemaine

#9 Post by cannondalemaine »

Gotta love the srx's they are definitely fast. At the grass drags and snow drags they usually are the winners in the 700 classes.

cannondale27

#10 Post by cannondale27 »

I thought about selling it this year since I only rode it once or twice last year but after adding gas and a few pulls the sound of that triple changed my mind within a minute. Man that is just wicked! Kind of like a 12 cylinder Lamborghini at redline. If that don't make your heart pound you must be dead! Always will have a place for the 2 strokes.