Just picked up an 06 Outlaw 500 for the GF

Reeve

#1 Post by Reeve »

I just got it back form the Chico area. I think I got a great deal for it for $2000. It looks like it has been riden hard but it runs super smooth. My GF rode my friends outlaw 500 last time on the sand at coos bay and fell in love with it. So far all I can tell is that it has a pipe on it and it has an oil leak. No big deal. I rode my friends outlaw a couple times and liked it in the dirt but it's no cannondale on the sand! It had a couple mods and had great top end power but for low and mide range it had nothing on the dale. I almost stalled it climbing hills a couple times because on the dale you need to be in second third or fourth gear to climb hills and on the 500 you need to be in the right gear to climb hills. My GF likes the fact that it has a smooth powerband and won't want to buck her off from the off idle TQ that the dale has. It should be fun in the mountains where I can use the ground clearence and smooth ride.

UpsMan

#2 Post by UpsMan »

That is a very nice quad for a girlfriend. Smooth and reliable. Perfect.

Reeve

#3 Post by Reeve »

Well I got it out for a quick ride and it runs great. It just needs some new bushings and some little stuff. By the way does anybody know of a good tech site to join to find more info?

UpsMan

#4 Post by UpsMan »

www.polarisriders.com