California Bound

cannondalemaine

#1 Post by cannondalemaine »

Hey guys! Me and my girlfriend have been talking alot about moving out to california ALOT lately. I have always wanted to go riding out there and now i see my opportunity now that i got laid off for about a month and dont really want to stick around and wait. My only concern about this whole thing is she has friends and family out there while i will be leaving everything behind except my truck and toys. Just wondering if anyone from this site might be willing to go riding or show me around if we actually decide to do this. Thanks

NRath

#2 Post by NRath »

I can't help once you get there, but there are some sticker and emission laws to pass with the quads. Not sure what the rule's are exactly, but they are there and stiff. Be aware.

cannondalemaine

#3 Post by cannondalemaine »

Hmm bummer i wonder how hard its gonna be to pass the emissions.

Happyboy

#4 Post by Happyboy »

Maine to California. WOW what a move.

Kuma

#5 Post by Kuma »

You will have to register the quad to ride anything but closed course but if you have a title it should not be a problem.
no emissions to deal with, some areas you may have to keep the noise level down but doesn't apply to Glamis or Dumont at this time.
What part of California are you headed? I'm in Riverside/Orange County, about 200 miles from Glamis, Dumont or Pismo.
I'm headed to Glamis the 26th, if you hurry you can make it!

BigRob

#6 Post by BigRob »

I'm in central Ca.
We mostly go to the Mojave desert and Gorman.

sjstar

#7 Post by sjstar »

well looks like there is atleast one person in ever section of california for ya. And im sure the other like me would love to ride with you, more the better. I ride alot of the west coast so meeting up some time would deff. be do able.

kevin444

#8 Post by kevin444 »

hit me up if you ever make it....im in vegas, moved from miami, fl last year...thats a move. i've been to many hang outs along with giant events like Dumont Dunes Cali.......last weekend there were 30k plus people....still have yet to see another dale other than a completely polished one hanging in a local shop.....good luck

cannondalemaine

#9 Post by cannondalemaine »

Happyboy i was thinking the same thing over 3000 miles to drive my little nissan frontier and trailer. I told the gf if i go im not leaving the cannondales behind lol. But i do have to sell my sled and 1 four wheeler probly be the one i bought for her so i can teach her how to ride my 450r. Kuma that doesnt sound too bad we have to register up here and now they are starting to put noise restraints into action so id imagine the enforcements might be similar. As for where we are moving hmm i want to think its near san diego but im sure it could be somewhere else. Thanks guys for the invites if we go im sure i will be in contact since i gotta leave all my trail buddies behind mad.gif

Kuma

#10 Post by Kuma »

QUOTE (cannondalemaine @ Feb 18 2010, 06:32 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
As for where we are moving hmm i want to think its near san diego but im sure it could be somewhere else.

San Diego is even closer to Glamis smile.gif