Can-Am Renegade - Wow they're fast!

svahle

#1 Post by svahle »

I just got back from Little Sahara in OK (both the Dale and RZR performed flawlessly BTW). Friday afternoon we watched the sand drags for about 30-45 minutes. There was a fella there with a Can-Am Renegade 800R EFI X xc. I couldn't believe how fast that quad was. He was running a buggy style tire on the rear which looked to be about an 18-20 paddle hauler with huge buff fronts. Time after time he blew away eveyone else including some very worked and stretched out 450s of various makes and model. The only thing I saw beat him was an alcohol drag banshee. This is probably old news to many of you, but I don't follow utility style quads so this was my first exposure to the Can-Am Renegade. After looking it up online I was even more impressed with its performance given that it has a dry weight of 614lbs ohmy.gif But with a 71hp Rotax V-Twin I guess that much weight doesn't hold it back. I didn't have a chance to speak to the guy on it, so I have no idea if it was stock etc. However, I didn't see anything on it that looked aftermarket except for maybe the exhaust. Hmmmm, I wonder if there is a way to wedge that motor into a Dale? blink.gif

As an aside, I raced the Dale a few times with respectable results. Took out a couple of 700 Raptors and several Jap 450s. Of course there were several quads that beat me in the drags but I appreciate I rarely drag race and a better rider would have yielded even better results. Nonetheless, the Dale held its own and raised some eyebrows despite my short comings as a drag pilot.

speedracer

#2 Post by speedracer »

I have seen several at St.Joe dragrace, they are right with the 450s, maybe he had nitrous hidden. I ALWAYS wanted one, I think I would give an eyeball for a renny, at least a couple fingers!

UpsMan

#3 Post by UpsMan »

I would check about a loan first. I don't think can-am takes body parts.

dvrack

#4 Post by dvrack »

Thinking about selling my FJ1100 powered quad if you want to keep up.

svahle

#5 Post by svahle »

speedracer - Yeah he could have had a bottle hidden somewhere. You might think about selling a kidney. I'm sure they fetch a pretty good price. Heck, you might have a little cash left over to cover some of the cost for dialysis if your other one gives out.

dvrack - I'm not sure a guy like me needs something like that. The Dale I have sometimes puts me at risk of using those life insurance policies.

dvrack

#6 Post by dvrack »

Ya that is a little to fast for me that is why it sits in my garage.

sillysspeed

#7 Post by sillysspeed »

I have a 2010 Renegade Xxc - its pretty Badass