Carb question

speedracer

#11 Post by speedracer »

My prairie 700 has that also,it is for heating the fuel in the bowls for winter riding,so I was told.

cannondale27

#12 Post by cannondale27 »

Probably the guy at auto parts has never had to replace a Module.God forbid they ever had to deal with points!
Guys this stuff is used to enhance transfer of heat.Not electricity and preventing corrosion like dielectric.Usually it is whiteish and probably causes cancer!

speedracer

#13 Post by speedracer »

Now that I think about it mine has a line that runs rad.coolant to the carbs.Since I put radials on it and a Moose module on it its a wheele monster,the tires make it corner SOOO much better,I really punish that poor machine,just keeps on ticking.

UpsMan

#14 Post by UpsMan »

I did some more research on-line and found out that one of the probes or elements was a sensor and one was a heating element. It also sounds like most people just remove the stuff and rejet richer. Apparently this is an attempt to get away with very lean jetting and yet still have the machine run in very cold temps to satisfy california style emmisions regulations. Go figure.

MX Quad Dad

#15 Post by MX Quad Dad »

QUOTE ([u][u]cannondale27[/u][/u] @ Oct 29 2010, 09:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Probably the guy at auto parts has never had to replace a Module.God forbid they ever had to deal with points!
Guys this stuff is used to enhance transfer of heat.Not electricity and preventing corrosion like dielectric.Usually it is whiteish and probably causes cancer!

You get POINTS for replacing modules? lol.