Yamaha add

Kuma

#1 Post by Kuma »

Anyone see the latest Yamaha add? not only do they speek sohighly of themselves with their inovative motor design, now they are claiming to be the first race ready ATV.
Wasn't the Moto the inovative, first race ready ATV?

Wish Cannondale was still around to call Bull$h!t

MX Quad Dad

#2 Post by MX Quad Dad »

I haven't seen any recent ads, nor do I know how their quad comes stock but, I do find it funny that previous "Race Ready" claims forgot to tell you that you need to add a teather. and if you plan to run MX you need nerfs and should add wider axle, a-arms steering stabiliser and bead locks would be a good start, You may also need to add a number plate.

I do know there is a metric ton but, I have no ideal how heavy a metric pound is ohmy.gif. but I do know it is quite a bit heavier than a US pound biggrin.gif

speedracer

#3 Post by speedracer »

I know the moto was first,are KTMs more race-ready than Yahama?Doesnt the Yamaha mx machine come with 21 and 20 inch tires,not mx tire sizes. wacko.gif

who_gives_a6

#4 Post by who_gives_a6 »

The KTM's come with nerfs and a killswitch as well as 20/18" tires on the SX. About as close to race ready as you can get and basically how the Moto was back in 2002, minus the fuel injection.

The Yamaha ad claims first race ready ATV ever. Saw it during the Supercross races last week. It's basically the same as Suzuki was back in 06 and not race ready.

joep1219

#5 Post by joep1219 »

QUOTE (who_gives_a6 @ Mar 14 2011, 06:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The KTM's come with nerfs and a killswitch as well as 20/18" tires on the SX. About as close to race ready as you can get and basically how the Moto was back in 2002, minus the fuel injection.

The Yamaha ad claims first race ready ATV ever. Saw it during the Supercross races last week. It's basically the same as Suzuki was back in 06 and not race ready.

how suzuki and yamaha get away with that claim is they offer all the rest of mx gear from the dealer.
i know the suzuki comes 50", 18/20" tires, nerfs and teather optional

joep1219

#6 Post by joep1219 »

yamaha says the oversized tires are for better handling over 18/20's. they also have nerfs, beadlocks, race head+cams, exhuast, teather, and other acc. all of witch are under the gytr name. they also come 50"wide.

i'm not trying to take anything away from the dale, just reciting what i have read.......